X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have 65k $ spare cash

and love the RPG Shadowrun
    then this might be a good way to spend it

MMORPG in the world of Shadowrun (Playing in the near future, where a virus has created all kinds of fantasy races, like elves, orcs, dwarves and so on, where Megacons rule the world and where High Tech, but also Magic play an important role)
    Unfortunately they are still short of 65k $ for their minimum goal and it´s only 18 hrs till the deadline ends

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Do they clean carpets?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Spambots usually have shy of 2,542 posts. 1,166 might be more plausible.

Comment

I would need to multiply my savings by approximately 17.327 before I'd consider investing 65K in a video game
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          Obviously this one is particularly devious.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Kickstarter is dumb.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Kickstarter is dumb.
              You're dumb.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Kickstarter is dumb.
                It has successfully raised enough money before for other games. Why is that dumb? Developers get their money, and fans get "free" wallpaper art for their desktop.

Comment

Where do I sign up? Free wallpaper? Sheeeit.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                    It has successfully raised enough money before for other games. Why is that dumb? Developers get their money, and fans get "free" wallpaper art for their desktop.
                    And (often) other goodies, depending on the amount of money they invest (maybe free subscriptions for the game [if it is one] for a certain duration, or, like it is the case in the highest tiers ... their face and name being in the game).

And yep, considering the fact that Shadowrun was able to raise half a million dollars (well, almost ... still 10k$ to go .... I assume that they will be able to raise this remaining money as well, during the last 6 hours) this definitely shows how useful kickstarter is (well, other projects that aren´t connected to a well known RPG brand of course won´t be able to raise as much ... but hey usually set their kickstarter goals less high)
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                      Do they clean carpets?
                      Not exactly sure, but I assume if you invest enough money and write an eMail to the Developers,
                      they might personally come over to clean your carpets

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        Well, I think a while ago I posted about failing automated Turing Tests ...
                        this should have given you a clue

Comment

Looks like they made it.

I would be interested in playing it. Don't have any money.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Seems like you will ... Shadowrun Online seems to be planned as F2P game.

I´m curios whether they will release new informations at gamescom which starts tomorrow (where the developers have a booth)

Comment

Working...
                            X