X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Blackadder' is returning to TV.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/news...on-251134.html

'Blackadder' is returning to TV.

Rowan Atkinson has revealed on twitter that he is returning for a final episode of the BBC One historical comedy alongside a number of the original cast members.

He wrote: "One can share that there may be a blackadder reunion, what do you all think about that?"

In response to one fan who wrote "amazing! On two conditions: 1. It has to be all of you. 2. It has to be funny!" Rowan replied "And funny it shall be!"

He later added: "The return of Blackadder will be cunning and exquisite.

"I can confirm, there will be one last episode of Blackadder, a reunion."

The series - which ran for four seasons - starred Rowan as anti-hero Edmund Blackadder and Tony Robinson as his dogsbody, Baldrick. Each series was set in a different historical period with the two protagonists accompanied by different characters.

Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie and Amanda Richardson have all appeared in the show.

Rowan wrote the first series with Richard Curtis who went on to write the subsequent episodes with Ben Elton.
    And Fry & Laurie might be in it!!!
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Oh goody, I just bought the boxed set.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Amanda Richardson?!
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Miranda's twin.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
          Oh goody, I just bought the boxed set.
          Yep. I must have been in line behind you.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If that hottie Amanda is in it, I shall swoon
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Why isn't Hugh Laurie billed with the other two? "appeared in the show" makes him sound like a guest star.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I hope she gets her nurse uniform on, Karumba!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    Why isn't Hugh Laurie billed with the other two? "appeared in the show" makes him sound like a guest star.
                    Atkinson & Robinson were the stars for all four seasons (and the specials). Laurie co-stared in the last two seasons and guest stared in the second season. This was pre-"House".

I hope she gets her nurse uniform on, Karumba!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	250px-Blackadder_2_nursie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	9093621
                    Nursie is about 80 now, but I'm glad you still find her hot.

Comment

Okay, I see what I did, I confused Hugh Laurie with the actor playing Percy (I thought it was the same twit all four seasons). It's been at least twenty years since I've seen it, but I think I thought so back then, too.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Tim McInnerny played Lord Percy Percy in 2 and Darling in 4. I've mixed them up too.

Comment

no sparky, nurse not nursie, amanda played hot matron in the WW1 series

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                            Okay, I see what I did, I confused Hugh Laurie with the actor playing Percy (I thought it was the same twit all four seasons). It's been at least twenty years since I've seen it, but I think I thought so back then, too.
                            That's quite alright darling.
                            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

SO any info about what period it will be set in?
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X