Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox News guest: Olympic athletes might start throwing races to lower their tax burden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News guest: Olympic athletes might start throwing races to lower their tax burden

I heard on the news yesterday that medal winners get a cash award for each medal. 25k for a gold. and I think 15k and 10k for silver and bronze.
    So paying the taxes shouldn't be an issue. And I heard that some congressman was going to introduce a bill that would make the award tax fee.
    As long as they push it through quickly I can't see someone voting against it no matter how silly.

And if that info was in the video, I apologize since I didn't watch it.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Not bothering to watch the video either, but the United States appears to be the only nation that taxes Olympic athletes like this, it is always taxed at the maximum 35%(?) rate, which seems rather unfair.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I love Foxnews, not for the news
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
          X