Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernie Sanders exposes billionaires who are buying US government.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, let's go ahead and ask the same question that every single anti-free-speech poster has failed to answer.

What is wrong with people convincing other people to support political positions? Is this not the exact thing the first amendment is intended to protect?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• What is wrong with people convincing other people things about politics? Is this not the exact thing the first amendment is intended to protect?
      Because this is poly where no one ever gets convinced about anything that runs counter to their preconceived notions. The mere idea is antithetical to this forum and thus ignored.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Maybe if some successful billionaires acutally buy the governement away from the useless loser politians and bureaucrats, thing will improve around here.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
          OK, let's go ahead and ask the same question that every single anti-free-speech poster has failed to answer.

What is wrong with people convincing other people to support political positions? Is this not the exact thing the first amendment is intended to protect?
          You have no problem with a government that is controlled and owned by the elite and corporations, rather than having a government that represents and serves the people??
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
            Lots and lots of people are Should Paul Krugman be muzzled?
            No he should be stripped, shaved clean, gutted, marinated, coated with BBQ powder, and slow smoked.
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

• To start with, WTF were our Founding Fathers thinking when they did not set term limits for Congresspersons?

I think Congresspersons should have a term limit. Say something like a maximum of three four-year terms.

Comment

• I can't believe how many people here on Apolyton like taking it up the ass for corporations and billionaires.

Comment

• Democracy sucks. I'm up for something new.

Plutocracy worked for Carthage.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    You have no problem with a government that is controlled and owned by the elite and corporations, rather than having a government that represents and serves the people??
                    Politicians get elected entirely by acquiring votes. They precisely represent and serve the people, for better or for worse.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

OK, let's go ahead and ask the same question that every single anti-free-speech poster has failed to answer.
                      Yes, opposing billionaires corrupting democracy certainly makes us 'anti-free-speech'.

Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                      The concept of one man, one vote doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny when one man can buy a few million votes. It's the reason that pre-Citizens United you had some laws in place to stop this kind of ****wittery, and its the reason you now have states trying to topple Citizens United because they realize that only a ****ing moron would not see the potential for incredible corruption.

Comment

Politicians get elected entirely by acquiring votes. They precisely represent and serve the people, for better or for worse.
                        No. The great majority of Congresspersons no longer represent the people who voted for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          The concept of one man, one vote doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny when one man can buy a few million votes. It's the reason that pre-Citizens United you had some laws in place to stop this kind of ****wittery, and its the reason you now have states trying to topple Citizens United because they realize that only a ****ing moron would not see the potential for incredible corruption.
                          Explain your usage of the verb "buy."

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                            No. The great majority of Congresspersons no longer represent the people who voted for them.
                            Obviously the voters disagree with you. They vote for the people they intend to vote for, almost by definition.

Comment

• Yes, the people vote for their next congressperson under the DELUSION that that congressperson will represent them.

LOLZ

Comment

• They vote for the people they want to vote for. Who are you to say that their criteria are bad?

Comment

Working...
                                X