More evidence that a woman's word is sacred in court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More evidence that a woman's word is sacred in court

Just as many men expect. 'She said' is the only burden of proof you need.

A suspended Oklahoma State basketball player accused of sexually assaulting two women at a house party was convicted Monday night of sexual battery and rape by instrumentation, but jurors acquitted him on two other counts.

The 22-year-old was charged with four counts of rape by instrumentation, but he was acquitted on two of those counts. Jurors, who deliberated for about eight hours, recommended that he be sentenced to a year in prison for each of the rape counts. His formal sentencing is set for Aug. 24.

Payne County prosecutors accused Williams of groping the two women and reaching inside their pants without their consent during a party in December 2010. With little physical evidence to bolster their case, Assistant District Attorney Jill Tontz had to rely on testimony from the two women.

" 'No' means just that: It means 'no,' " Tontz said during closing arguments earlier Monday. "These girls felt dehumanized, embarrassed."

Both women testified during the trial and said they identified Williams as their attacker after police showed them a photo of the Cowboys basketball team. One woman said Williams held her against her will and dragged her in a yard. She said the attack happened in the basement of the house and that no one came to her aid.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

What motivation would these women have to lie about it?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      What motivation would these women have to lie about it?
      Woman is horny
      Woman has sexual relations
      Woman doesn't want to be called a slut/doesn't like the sexual relations
      Woman lies about rape

Not seeing how a woman wouldn't lie...
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Let's not forget the recent Brian Banks ordeal. The alleged victim admitted 10 years later that she lied for profit.

Comment

I'm sure that since it was two of them, that their testimony carried a bit more weight.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Al, You should definitely bring this up on your next date

"So what do you do in your free time?"
            "I get mad at women for hypothetically lying about being raped"
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Woman is horny
              Woman lies about rape

so these women was so horny that when they weren't sexually attacked, they invented false accusations as revenge
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

"During jury selection, Assistant District Attorney Jill Tontz asked potential jurors if they would be able to convict someone if there were no physical evidence, such as DNA or fingerprints, and no injuries were suffered during an alleged assault."
                American legal system... how does it work?

Comment

Surely this is indecent assault and not rape anyway? I'm a bit concerned over how the law has been applied here...although I could be wrong with US law...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                    Surely this is indecent assault and not rape anyway? I'm a bit concerned over how the law has been applied here...although I could be wrong with US law...
                    I'll bet that if it was possible to read thoughts, then the US legal system would send most of the US males to prison for rape
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

He also serves a life sentence as a sex offender.

Not saying he didn't do it, but that would really up the ante if I were on a jury.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

This thread right here is an example of why you can't find a girlfriend Alby.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Woman is horny
                          Woman lies about rape

You can't see any reason why she wouldn't want to go to trial in an attempt to put an innocent person in prison? Like the massive hassle of going to trial, the risk that people won't believe her, and the guilt from putting an innocent person in jail? All that just so no one will call her a slut when probably no one cared about it until she claimed it was rape? Really?

Oh, even better, "the sex was terrible so I'm going to accuse you of rape". Yeah that's realistic.

Comment

No wonder he's a virgin - he's worried that premature ejaculation is going to land him in prison.

"Sorry about that, please don't break up with me..."
                            "Why would I break up with you just because you're bad at sex? It's much easier to accuse you of rape instead."
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                              You can't see any reason why she wouldn't want to go to trial in an attempt to put an innocent person in prison? Like the massive hassle of going to trial, the risk that people won't believe her, and the guilt from putting an innocent person in jail? All that just so no one will call her a slut when probably no one cared about it until she claimed it was rape? Really?

Oh, even better, "the sex was terrible so I'm going to accuse you of rape". Yeah that's realistic.
                              Tell that to Brian Banks. Tell him and his accuser who admitted lying (and faced no charges for doing so) that it's not realistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X