24 hours at O'Hare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hours at O'Hare

Three separate flights cancelled without any reason given (the first happening several hours before the storms last night)

A grand total of compensation from the airlines of two $10 food court vouchers

Not even being able to get a flight to Columbus today at all

Forced to fly into Indy and rent a car, since there were none available in Chicago

CHICAGO DELENDA EST
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    CHICAGO DELENDA EST

Comment

Forced to fly into Indy and rent a car, since there were none available in Chicago
      You should PM'ed ming, -jR, rah or I. Once of us would have driven to O'Hare to pick you up and take you to a car rental place where there were rentals available in the area.

Comment

Really. You have resources; use them.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Chicago

I had a nightmare in O'Hare like this before. The airline was at least decent enough to give us hotel vouchers.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I am shocked that none of the Chicagonian Polytubbies came to your rescue - you think they would have at least taken you to a nice bar and kept you drunk until transportation could be arranged.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Had idiot let them know. Hard to succeed when you don't even know there's a goal. Besides that, it could have been Fargo.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                I am shocked that none of the Chicagonian Polytubbies came to your rescue - you think they would have at least taken you to a nice bar and kept you drunk until transportation could be arranged.
                That would have been more fun than driving to a rental place

Comment

O'Hare does not offer free internet access, and once we finally got to a hotel (spending $50 on a cab, $100 for a room which we used for precisely three hours, and $50 for a cab back to the airport to make the Indy flight), we discovered that there was not a single, solitary rental car available in town, save a $1000/day mega-SUV.

Comment

O'Hare does not offer free internet access,
                    What, you don't have a phone? I know you're a doctor, but pagers don't cut it anymore.

and once we finally got to a hotel (spending $50 on a cab, $100 for a room which we used for precisely three hours, and $50 for a cab back to the airport to make the Indy flight),
                    Wow, I'll bet that $100 room was a palace.... BTW, I live about 20 miles from O'Hare and a cab ride there costs $36-37.
                    Taking the El downtown from the airport: $2.25.
                    Separating cowtown travelers from their cash: priceless.

But seriously, there are a bunch of us here who would and could offer succor in this situation.
                    Transportation, crash space, food, advice... all of it a phone call away for a Polybuddy in need near Chicago.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Phone was dead.

The only hotel room we could find anywhere was about a 30 minute ride away from O'Hare, and it was a goddamned Holiday Inn Express.

Comment

Live and learn, next time (hopefully there isn't) keep us in mind.

Comment

Payphone? Did you have a quarter?

Comment

Guynemer, why didn't you troll the airport asking if anyone there knew Ming the Merciless?
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              Guynemer, why didn't you troll the airport asking if anyone there knew Ming the Merciless?
                              Or simply ask if anyone knew any twins who vote Republican.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                              X