Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Z Mod for Arma II?

Anyone play this thing?

Maybe Arma will be on sale on steam this week and it'll be worth a few bucks.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

I heard the mod is great, but the game it is built off of sucks horribly and places limits on the mod that make it less enjoyable.

Comment

My friend absolutely raves about it.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
        I heard the mod is great, but the game it is built off of sucks horribly and places limits on the mod that make it less enjoyable.
        Yeah Arma is low budget ass and it shows in the videos of Day Z.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It's apparently incredibly atmospheric, and they've managed to capture a real tension in the gameplay. It's probably worth mentioning that there were something like 75% of the ARMA player playing that mod not the normal game a month or so back.

Comment

I saw some of this streamed. I have to say that an MMO FPS with permenant death really rings my bell, but when you add zombies then thats really the icing on the cake.

You play from the point of view of a survivor of a zombie apocalypse. So you spawn with nothing and have to avoid zombies until you can loot houses or corpses to arm yourself

I saw a team raid the airfield in a bus. They were so psyched by their victory they drove the bus down the road, openly broadcasting on mic singing 'the wheels on the bus go round and round'. However another survivor had heard them coming, sniped the driver, the wheels on the bus, and then the passengers. Then he no doubt looted their corpses
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I was reading an article over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun when I noticed a giant ad for Arma II 20% off on steam. The ad was one of those giant ads on the background of the webpage like a wallpaper.

Arma II has also been in the top-10 on Steam all sale.

Funny how the developers of that low-budget ass game are making a killing because some modders came up with a good idea.

Comment

IIRC the modders were actually members of the ARMA dev team.

Comment

It's not a low budget ass game, it's one of the most ccomprehensive battlefield simulators.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                    low budget ass game

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                      It's not a low budget ass game, it's one of the most ccomprehensive battlefield simulators.
                      Dude, it's ass.

And it controls like ****. Walk into a building.

Comment

Working...
                      X