Geneva Poly meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geneva Poly meet?

So, for the next few months I'll be in Geneva three-four days a week, and a few weekends. Recommendations for places to go in and around the area welcome.

Do we actually have any Polytubbies in the area that would be interested in a drink at some point?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

If I was still in Basel I would've popped down, but alas I am a bit too far away from Geneva now.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, I'm seeing you tomorrow. Right?

Comment

I can make it if you do it in June 2004.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

I'll use the time machine at CERN and have seen you already.

Comment

Was great. Thanks for picking up the tab. Expenses FTW.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

I will be in Ascona, but that is a couple hours from Geneva.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

and to think that luddite kuci was criticising CERN in that other thread when it can achieve amazing things like allowing two people to have a beer 8 years ago.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I'll be in Maryland, which is only 200 ppc away.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Need any Swiss Francs? I still have quite a few in my office.
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have about 21CHF...which will get you a bottle of Coke or something
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

If you have a free day or two, go to the Montreux Jazz Festival. It's runs a fortnight and has already started; ends on July 14 this year. Lots of great music (much of it free), excellent street food and vendors. It's about 60-90 min by local rail from Geneve (at the far east end of Lac Leman). Big name acts = not free, of course. But it's an absolutely beautiful setting, cool scene, well run. Very civilized compared to your normal music festival. I'd go again in a heartbeat if I was that close.

Plus, you can see the Freddie Mercury statue.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I will be in Zurich beginning of August. holla
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                          X