Anyone watching "The Newsroom"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watching "The Newsroom"?

Jeff Daniels is outstanding and it has an excellent ensemble cast.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

In a manner of speaking, yes.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

It's actually good? Been hearing horrible, horrible things about it.

Comment

That clip looks pretty darn good and something more Americans should hear. Sadly, it's on HBO so only a small fraction of the population will even have a chance to see it but maybe, just maybe the message will sink in and we'll start demanding better from out leaders.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I love Sorkin's writing style. Pretty good show so far (only 2 episodes).
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I haven't seen the second episode yet, but first one was very good.

Comment

To watch this with my wife I'd have to stop re-watching Babylon 5 for 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                That clip looks pretty darn good and something more Americans should hear. Sadly, it's on HBO so only a small fraction of the population will even have a chance to see it but maybe, just maybe the message will sink in and we'll start demanding better from out leaders.
                Ah, yes, the premium cable original TV series--the traditional driver of social change in this country.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

We all remember how Deadwood started the hard drinking gold prospector fad.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    Ah, yes, the premium cable original TV series--the traditional driver of social change in this country.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                      Anyone watching "The Newsroom"?
                      No, I cancelled my cable and I don't have an antenna.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                      X