Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to get a hold of college faculty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can definitely imagine it would be worse to drive - most places in the third world would be as well - but at least it would be exciting!

It's the braindead driving on cruise control bollocks I can't stand in the US.

Egypt is probably the craziest place I've been in a car (driven) on a regular basis - the taxis in Cairo are mental ****ers...!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
      I've never driven in a more frustrating or annoying country than the US...
      Until the road trip I took 3 years ago, I thought driving in the United States was awful. Then I left DC suburbs and discovered that most of the rest of the country has no concept of rush hour.
      Last edited by Lorizael; June 29, 2012, 15:26.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I can definitely imagine it would be worse to drive - most places in the third world would be as well - but at least it would be exciting!

Egypt is probably the craziest place I've been in a car (driven) on a regular basis - the taxis in Cairo are mental ****ers...!
        While there's a fair proportion ignoring the traffic "guidelines" to advance their own position in traffic ( ), there's still a significant portion that just plods along ignoring said "guidelines" ( ). But it's the added and seemingly arbitrary use of No Left Turn and No U Turn signs that adds the real flavor. (Fortunately I merely observed as a passenger).
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Yeah, when I was there, every cab driver said that traffic signals were optional and they were all 1 point away from losing their licenses.
          A real crazy place to be.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            Then I left DC suburbs and discovered that most of the rest of the country has no concept of rush hour.
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Just don't buy the books until you start the class, and ask the prof on the first day. It's what I usually did unless I was ordering the books online to save cash, because the first class is always syllabi, academic honesty statements and other hooey. Plus you can always count on half the class doing the same thing, especially at community college.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

So here I am, back in community college,
                There is your answer

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  Just don't buy the books until you start the class, and ask the prof on the first day. It's what I usually did unless I was ordering the books online to save cash, because the first class is always syllabi, academic honesty statements and other hooey. Plus you can always count on half the class doing the same thing, especially at community college.
                  Yeah, I am ordering them online. Also, these are online courses, so there's less of that whole go over the syllabus crap.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Why would you think you need both of the same thing? Just get the one with the Plus access whatever. Even if you somehow needed the other book (yeah right), you can find that out when the class starts.
                    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; June 29, 2012, 20:10.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Why would you think you need both of the same thing? Just get the one with the Plus access whatever. Even if you somehow needed the other book (yeah right), you can find that out when the class starts.
                      I wouldn't think I would need both, which is why I sent an email to my professor rather than buying both.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        I wouldn't think I would need both, which is why I sent an email to my professor rather than buying both.
                        Are you autistic?

Dude, use common sense and initiative. Buy the book with the extra features and stop bothering your professor. Holy crap.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Are you a ****-eating **** whore? The book with extra features costs more.

Comment

Working...
                          X