2nd Level German Court: Circumcision illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    And just how creepy is it to make decisions to alter the appearance of your kid's genitals?
    Parents make decisions about braces. So what? It's good for the kid. That's what parents do, they make decisions for their children. So what?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

So a labioplasty on an infant is cool too, right?

How about breast implants? Or a nice facial tattoo reading "100% kosher"?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Also, IIUC (do we have any Jews left to correct me on this?) the menstruation thing is only a matter of ritual purity for temple offerings. As there hasn't been a temple for close to two thousand years, that seems less important--I don't know if it disqualifies you from going to a synagogue and participating in the service though. Anyway, circumcision for Jews is essentially equivalent to baptism, it's basically THE thing that makes a man a Jew, a sign of the covenant and yadda yadda. Naturally they make a bigger fuss over that even if they don't care about eating shellfish or mixed fibers or meat with cream sauce...
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

So a labioplasty on an infant is cool too, right?

How about breast implants? Or a nice facial tattoo reading "100% kosher"?
          No. I really don't think that females are better off without a clitorus. I am on the other hand thankful to my parents for removing the useless and unatractive skin on my penis. Thanks mom and dad for making a decision for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            No. I really don't think that females are better off without a clitorus. I am on the other hand thankful to my parents for removing the useless and unatractive skin on my penis. Thanks mom and dad for making a decision for me.
            In other words you have no idea what the alternative is like, having never had the opportunity to experience it. Circumcision is cutting away part of a childs body for no reason, and that's pretty ****ed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Also, IIUC (do we have any Jews left to correct me on this?) the menstruation thing is only a matter of ritual purity for temple offerings. As there hasn't been a temple for close to two thousand years, that seems less important--I don't know if it disqualifies you from going to a synagogue and participating in the service though.
              It doesn't disqualify you from that, no.

If my (admittedly fairly secular) Jewish High School education and memory serve me right, a woman who menstruates and doesn't go to the mikve isn't allowed to engage in sexual activities until she does go to the mikve. That's as far as it goes.
              Last edited by Zevico; June 30, 2012, 08:47.
              "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                In other words you have no idea what the alternative is like, having never had the opportunity to experience it. Circumcision is cutting away part of a childs body for no reason, and that's pretty ****ed up.
                Some of you guys are just being full of ****. It's not for no reason. In particular, this is about a religious ritual. In other cases it's just so that they look acceptable to women in that society. At any rate. It's useless skin and it's no big deal. If my parents wouldn't have got mine done it would be just fine with me too. As this is no big deal. You guys are a bunch of secular nutters.

Comment

Circumcision's been around for ages and the health risks appear to be almost non-existent. It's the parents' choice, much as they make any number of choices about the welfare of the child, which the state has no role in interfering in unless the child is at real risk of being seriously harmed.
                  "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

It's useless skin and it's no big deal.

It's the most sensitive part of the penis. The tragedy of the situation is that you'll never know that.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It's the most sensitive part of the penis. The tragedy of the situation is that you'll never know that.
                      lol bs

Comment

Some of you guys are just being full of ****. It's not for no reason. In particular, this is about a religious ritual.
                        Which means it's for no reason. Forcing a child to undergo mutilation for religious purposes before they're old enough to make their own choices is obscene.

In other cases it's just so that they look acceptable to women in that society.
                        What kind of stupid ass reason is that to cut off part of someones body? Is binding girl childrens feet ok just because some cultures men prefer small feet?

At any rate. It's useless skin and it's no big deal. If my parents wouldn't have got mine done it would be just fine with me too. As this is no big deal. You guys are a bunch of secular nutters.
                        You're the one defending mutiliating children for religious reasons, so I'll take that 'nutter' accusation with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Jews aren't doing it "for no reason". Stop being such a bigot.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            Jews aren't doing it "for no reason". Stop being such a bigot.
                            Ok, they're doing it for a retarded religious reason. Nice use of a bigotry accusation to defend child mutilation though.

Comment

Ok, they're doing it for a retarded religious reason. Nice use of a bigotry accusation to defend child mutilation though.
                              Nice calling the Jews retards and child mutilators, Hitler

Comment

Well, this is shaping up to be a very worthwhile and thought-provoking discussion.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X