2nd Level German Court: Circumcision illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Why don't you start reading the bible instead of worrying about what other people believe?
    I prefer the way Tolkien carried a story. Oh and I think his moral code was kinder.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    The bigotry in this statement is glaring. It's not trying to push back against secularism except for combating bigots like yourself who believe there is no place for religion because those people are stupid and don't believe like we do.
    You really need to learn that bigotry does not mean 'anyone that disagree's with Kid'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      Science was perverted (and is much simpler than religion) for racism and genocide. I don't think you can argue that Christianity has been more negative than Science.
      As a scientist yourself, you're not honestly going to hold the two up as comparable systems?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        That's squarely on the Church and Monarchs. The Greeks were long dead, and if you actually read their stuff, for the most part they weren't suggesting the dark ages be implemented. Just because some Neo Nazi's can quote the Bible at you doesn't mean it was following Christ that lead to their racism.
        I don't blame the Greeks for the dark ages.

I said it was following Greek Science. Which it was. The science wasn't found in the Bible (you don't find science in the Bible).

It is different than Neo Nazi's quoting the Bible. The religious and political nobility of the middle ages were not completely misinterpreting Aristotle and ignoring what he wrote.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          As a scientist yourself, you're not honestly going to hold the two up as comparable systems?
          As far as comparing them in how they are misused (Obviously I don't think they are opposing systems or even generally play in the same 'field'), sure. Science has a lot less time to be misused too.

JM
          (Also, obviously, I support both Christianity and Science.)
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I prefer the way Tolkien carried a story. Oh and I think his moral code was kinder.
            You know he was a devout Catholic, right?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Maybe he should have done a Bible Redux, who knows, maybe even I'd be a Christian then!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                I said it was following Greek Science. Which it was.
                So when it's the middle ages you say it was Greek ideas/influence, but when it's the modern day you give Christianity the credit?

The science wasn't found in the Bible (you don't find science in the Bible).
                Yet scientific advancement is a huge part of what the Western world revolves around (and was created by)... and you still claim that Christianity is the reason we are here.

The religious and political nobility of the middle ages were not completely misinterpreting Aristotle and ignoring what he wrote.
                They were ignoring the very root of what they latched onto. It is very much like the Neo Nazi analogy. They may latch onto a tidbit here or there, but they take it completely out of context.

Neo Nazi's love the "turned black for their sins" and "shall be servents unto you"... even if they misinterpret those passages or ignore anything contradictory in the rest of the Bible. Aristotle may have been "Canon" (at times), but the very root of questioning and free thinking that lead to Aristotle is often ignored in favor of fanaticism and unquestioningly accepting "Canon".

Comment

• Who the hell let the forces of Religion Cripplefights loose in this thread?
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Maybe he should have done a Bible Redux, who knows, maybe even I'd be a Christian then!

You have been misled by Morgoth the Deceiver...
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

You really need to learn that bigotry does not mean 'anyone that disagree's with Kid'.
                      I didn't say people who disagree with me are bigots, idiot. I said that people who say not to listen to what I say are bigots. You must have a reading problem.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        Yet scientific advancement is a huge part of what the Western world revolves around (and was created by)... and you still claim that Christianity is the reason we are here.
                        Scientific advancement has created material wealth. The bible has never placed that in a particularly high place like the world has. Personally I'll give you that one. I'll even grant you that politics has been more advanced by ancient Greek thought more than by the bible. However, both you and JM are overestimating the value of the progress that has been made. The bible places other things above both of those things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          I didn't say people who disagree with me are bigots, idiot. I said that people who say not to listen to what I say are bigots. You must have a reading problem.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              I chuckled at that as well. And as a bonus, he was responsible for C.S. Lewis's conversion into Anglicanism (from atheism).
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• That's like a Celtic fan converting someone who didn't like football into a Rangers fan.
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X