Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there really no electric kettles in the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    That's true though I think it is more of a coffee vs tea thing at it's source. Only people who drink tea buy them and most Americans prefer coffee to tea so...
    You can't get good coffee in the states either.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Even Swedish and Belgians say that that is no longer true (although was true for many years).

I can't remember if I have heard an Italian say it yet.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

They still won't admit our beer is better than their beer even though their own judges give American breweries more medals and 1st place finishes than European beers even in European beer festivals. Like the French becoming outraged when the best French restaurants in the world were found to be in New York and California... They're upset with reality and so sink into denial.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I am just trolling. I've had the best tea I've ever had in a chinese tea place in san francisco.

I really like some of the American beers I've had and am a strong advocate. however whilst you do win medals, and quite rightly so, this statement "their own judges give American breweries more medals and 1st place finishes than European beers even in European beer festivals" is not strictly accurate. You do win some.

The British beer festivals I've been to mostly don't even award medals to non-British beers. Or they have a special niche award only for foreign beers.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Since water for mate should be 80º, not 100º, we've got electric kettles with adjustable cutoff temperatures.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                So, if this dish draining closet thingey hangs above, over the sink, I imagine all the water from the wet/drying dishes drip back down, onto the counter and into the sink?
                Right into the sink, if your kitchen furniture has been installed properly.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                  So, if this dish draining closet thingey hangs above, over the sink, I imagine all the water from the wet/drying dishes drip back down, onto the counter and into the sink?
                  Right into the sink, if your kitchen furniture has been installed properly.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Do you have a picture?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I have never heard of a draining closet. Probably, if you have enough room/money for a draining closet, you just have a dishwasher.

Electric kettles are good. I have one. But I would rather have a Zojirushi for the proper tea temperature. A plain old kettle on the range works well enough, so I don't think that Americans are missing much.

Agree with MikeH on water in the microwave.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I think anyone who wants decent tea agrees that boiling water in microwaves won't cut it.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                          Well, if it was a choice between a dishwasher or an AR, I guess you made the right decision.

(\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                          X