40 years ago today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 years ago today...

One of the most iconic pictures of a war victim was taken. Kim Phuc was 9 year old when her village was napalmed by Americans. AP photographer Nic Ut took the picture, and then convinced a local hospital to treat the girl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100-najwazniejszych-zdjec-swiata.-nick-ut-bombardowanie-napalmem-wioski-trang-bang.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	9135527

It was a chilling photograph that came to symbolize the horrors of the Vietnam War and, ultimately, helped end it. Ms. Phuc, who lives near Toronto with her family, honoured those who saved her at a dinner on Friday to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the iconic photograph. They include AP photographer Huynh Cong “Nick” Ut, who snapped the shot, as well as other journalists, doctors and nurses who helped her get help and who treated her injuries.

Kim Phuc and her husband came to Canada in 1992. Five years later, she founded the Kim Foundation International, which provides free medical assistance to children who are victims of war and terrorism.

She is also a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, or UNESCO.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

One of the most iconic. True.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by forkliftaccess001
      This was long ago..
      40 years ago I think.

Comment

Really ionic and describing a story that contains thousands of words. Only single picture can do this. But I'm wondering about the
        perfect enough photography of the photographer. I would like to the know about the profile of the photographer.
        Would you like to share it.
        regards

Comment

Working...
        X