Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The world's worst prison state . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world's worst prison state . . . . .

I would like to congratulate my own country for being among the worst countries in terms of proportion of population that is imprisoned.

Click image for larger version

Name:	73401_462165398492_8293080_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	9135525
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Congratulations USA on catching criminals and putting them in prison

Comment

Why not putting almost the whole population of the USA into prison and let Marilyn vos Savant (worlds most intelligent woman) run the country (and also giving her the key to the prisons)...
      I´m sure an age of prosperity and peace for the USA would be the result
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Because most Americans aren't violent criminals who need to be put away for the good of society.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Because most Americans aren't violent criminals who need to be put away for the good of society.
          5 minutes at a NASCAR race may change your mind.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
            Why not putting almost the whole population of the USA into prison and let Marilyn vos Savant (worlds most intelligent woman) run the country (and also giving her the key to the prisons)...
            I´m sure an age of prosperity and peace for the USA would be the result
            Marilyn vos Savant doesn't even understand basic probability.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

We have a lot more criminals than those countries. That's the real problem; why do we have so many more criminals, not why do we have so many prisoners?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It's both.

You have so many criminals due to the stupid war on drugs, and you have so many prisoners because your system doesn't rehabilitate very well.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"Congrats on finishing your 10-year prison sentence. Now remember: this time, don't do heroin."
                  "Oh ****, that reminds me, I need to do some heroin!"
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I would be horrified by such a high percentage of criminals among our populus, but I'm not sure what a populus is. If it's related to a pompatus, well, we all knew that Steve Miller character was up to no good.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Wikipedia says that it refers to a genus of deciduous trees, so apparently the US has a lot of naughty trees (or maybe they cut down a lot of trees after convicting them on trumped up charges)
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        It's both.

You have so many criminals due to the stupid war on drugs, and you have so many prisoners because your system doesn't rehabilitate very well.
                        QFT!

Once someone serves jail time, it follows them the rest of their life. While some claim it is supposed to deter them from committing crime in the first place, it more often locks them into a criminal lifestyle because the alternatives are shut off for them. Drug users have it especially hard.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I think liberty for life needs to learn how to use Pie Charts properly...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, for instance Russia's homicide rate is around 15 / 100,000 compared to 5 / 100,000 for the US. I'm willing to bet that Russia has more crime in every category. The problem in Russia is that they're not putting their criminals in prison - sometimes because the criminals run the prison.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Russia is a prison.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X