Faceplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faceplant

So capitalists, tell me a bedtime story about Facebook's IPO... I just heard Zuckerberg dumped a billion dollars in shares on day one and there is a class action suit forming.

Lets have a big chear for big banks and Wall St.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

The lawsuit claims big institutional investors got insider knowledge about the company not available to regular investors in the disclosure forms which is probably true.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think Zuckerberg dumping a billion dollars worth of stock on day one of trading might be a sign the IPO wasn't correct. Is this just a one off, or is this just another sign that America's economy is broken and Banks and Wall St. are not playing fairly?
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Or maybe he just wanted a "BILLION" dollars.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Everybody knew the original price was too high... It's no surprise that the number of shares offered was increased a bunch as the original investors dumped more shares.

I thought it was funny that they had to prop up the price the day of the IPO so they wouldn't look bad with the price dropping below the starting point.
          Even NASDAQ managed to look bad, negating much of the good press they originally got for landing the IPO.

While the stock is holding its own right now... caution is the key phrase
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

While there's a lot a bad odor floating around, Zuck's dump actually doesn't appear to be part of it -- it was apparently announced that he would do that in the prospectus.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
              Everybody knew the original price was too high... It's no surprise that the number of shares offered was increased a bunch as the original investors dumped more shares.

I thought it was funny that they had to prop up the price the day of the IPO so they wouldn't look bad with the price dropping below the starting point.
              Even NASDAQ managed to look bad, negating much of the good press they originally got for landing the IPO.

While the stock is holding its own right now... caution is the key phrase
              It will definitely get interesting around day 90 and 180 ...
              when the 2 classes of people who got stocks beforehand are allowed to sell them ...
              maybe that´s when the facebook stock will hit the rock bottom and there might be hope,
              that afterwards it will rise again (or at least stabilize )
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The Big Boys took a bath. Doubtful that they'll dump stock. Just have to try and weather the storm.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

MS didnt prop the stock on day 1, they were covering a short.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                    I think Zuckerberg dumping a billion dollars worth of stock on day one of trading might be a sign the IPO wasn't correct. Is this just a one off, or is this just another sign that America's economy is broken and Banks and Wall St. are not playing fairly?
                    I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but in order for one person to buy something, another person has to sell it.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                      I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but in order for one person to buy something, another person has to sell it.
                      So, is it time to buy Facebook now? I noticed that it fell below $20/share, or should we wait until its on par with 'Poly shares and do a swap?

Comment

Give me a rational revenue model, and I'll let you know.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I'm not sure what her revenue is or how rational she is, but she has a 32 double-d.

Click image for larger version

Name:	diora-baird.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	9093682

Comment

normally i wouldn't look at the face with tits like that
                            but whats wrong with her face
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I need new wallpaper, maybe I'll buy some FB stock
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X