Donna Summer died yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok View Post
    Please tell me more about the possibility that a now-deceased artist representing an out-of-fashion musical style from the seventies may, according to rumor, have said something stupid about gay people around the time I was born. The idea intrigues me.
    Let's see what MrFun thinks. I think he's a fan of Donna Summer; or at least disco in general.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Good music is good music.
      Your subjective experience of gay anthems is positive.

Comment

Alby tested positive...
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
          Alby tested positive...
          Immaculate Infection!
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
            I also wanted to share something I saw recently, that I thought was fairly profound:

F.R.I.E.N.D.S: (F)ight for you. (R)espect you. (I)nvolve you. (E)ncourage you. (N)eed you. (D)eserve you. (S)ave you

Friends = people who are always there when they need you.
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Well, she's cold stuff now!
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                You must be of german descendant - that is the worst joke ever
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Nope, just known Dauphin for too long, and a lot of people think he is Germanic
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post

Comment

Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Donna Summer ...
                      slowly ther great singers of the 70s, 80s are dying out

I´m afraid all too soon all that will be left in music will be 2nd rate castingstars
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Nah, the stones will keep on rolling.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Well their embalming seems to have worked, so they could keep going forever!
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                          X