Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grab a Cup O' Joe for Your Health

Grab a Cup O' Joe for Your Health

Coffee drinkers got good news this week, as the New England Journal of Medicine published a study by researchers at the National Institutes of Health's National Cancer Institute and AARP, that showed coffee drinkers have a lower risk of death than non-coffee drinkers.

The study consisted of 400,000 men and women between the ages of 50 and 71 who were followed from 1995-96 until the last day of 2008 and found that coffee consumption, either caffeinated or not, is connected with lower death rates from serious health risks like respiratory disease, stroke, heart disease, and diabetes. Researchers also found that the more coffee the participants drank, the greater the reduction of the risk of death. In fact, those who drank three or more cups of coffee had a ten percent decrease in the risk of death.

Researchers did find a slight increase in the risk of cancer in men and an increased consumption of coffee, however, coffee intake was not associated with any cancer mortality rates in women. National Cancer Institute researcher Dr. Neal Freedman said that though science has yet to find a causal relationship between coffee and lower death risks, the study does seem to show that coffee consumption is not harmful to your health.

Women's Health News Brought To You By Naturesbalance.com
    Last edited by mayolarubilt; August 30, 2012, 05:30.

That's interesting.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I was thinking about posting this.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Welcome to Apolyton, Acton.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          I was thinking about posting this.
          With no commentary?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That was nice. It is really informative and interesting post. I would like thanks to you that you share this post here with us. It was a great news for me. Actually I love to drink coffee. Thanks once again dude.
            Last edited by john101; April 6, 2013, 01:02.

Comment

never seen a bot with an avatar
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My mother is 88 years old and drinks coffee all day long. Her physical health has always been amazing. (Sadly, she is falling to the ravages of dementia mentally)
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Bumped over the 2005 threads.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                    My mother is 88 years old and drinks coffee all day long. Her physical health has always been amazing. (Sadly, she is falling to the ravages of dementia mentally)
                    Sorry to hear it, man.

Comment

Working...
                    X