Republicans really do hate gay people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
    I still don't understand then, how anti-miscegenation laws are discriminatory. And yes, I understand that Kuci and others are arguing that such laws were discriminatory because it refused recognition of interracial marriages that fit the traditional definition of heterosexual marriage. But I disagree with that "reasoning."

As long as blacks were free to marry other blacks, where is the discrimination?
    Marriage was defined as a lifelong monogamous relationship between a man and a woman. Therefore it was discriminatory because black men were not permitted to marry white women. QED.

Comment

• So what? Black men could still marry black women. I still don't see the discrimination, since blacks still had the freedom to marry other blacks.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• All you are pointing out is ways for the laws to have been even more discriminatory than they were, idiot.

Comment

• Wiggy-pooh, part of the definition of discrimination as seen on dictionary.com: "treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group . . ."

Given that blacks still had the right/freedom to marry other blacks, there was no discrimination with the anti-miscegenation laws. The anti-miscegenation laws did not favor one race over the other, because it also meant that white people could not choose to marry black people. But, people of both races still had the freedom/right to marry within their own race.

Comment

• Interracial couples, comprised of a man and a woman, were the group being discriminated against, you dumb ****.

Comment

• Nope, they weren't. Everyone was free to marry someone within their own race.

Comment

• Do you see how that falls just a bit short of a definition of marriage that allows for marriage between any man and any woman?

Comment

• No, because when a man and a woman of the same race marry one another, it's still a marriage between a man and a woman. If heterosexuals are allowed to marry anyone they wanted of the opposite gender, per "marriage between any man and any woman," then why shouldn't a human man be allowed to marry a female dog?

Comment

• This has to be said, and I know it's hard to hear. You are bone-crushingly retarded. I have --- and I mean this with no disrespect whatsoever to the mentally handicapped but with the utmost disregard for you and your mental acuity --- worked with special needs children who can grasp concepts less complicated than this one, far faster, and with far less hand-holding than you need. Your incessant desire and implacable urge for every small detail to be spelled out for you (for example, the clarification that 'one man and one woman' refers not to dogs, but to human marriages) is staggering, and provides me the sensation of being penetrated by a thousand dicks. I have no explanation, honestly, for what is causing your stupidity. I imagine you sitting at your keyboard, your mouth grinning so wide it nearly splits your face into two bloody halves, as you sit there typing, so convinced of the correctness of your arguments and the soundness of your reasoning. Perhaps you are under the influence of a narcotic. Maybe you are suffering the effects of late-stage AIDS, and your tattered immune system has left you open to infections that are causing you great dizzyness, headaches and confusion. Perhaps you were never educated beyond the high school level, worked menial jobs since your graduation, and your brain cells have undergone a kind of atrophy, though typically such symptoms are the product of easily diagnosed illnesses like multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, or cerebral palsy. Get a checkup. They're free, they're painless, and they might provide you more information on your condition. And may God have mercy on you and your loved ones who have to deal with you.

Comment

• A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                        Marriage was defined as a lifelong monogamous relationship between a man and a woman. Therefore it was discriminatory because black men were not permitted to marry white women. QED.
                        Additionally, in many parts of the western world (and in places both before and after), black men and white woman could marry.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Anti-miscegenation laws applied equally to blacks and whites. Where was the discrimination?

Comment

• Huh?

Marriage is between a man and a woman (should be was).

Marriage wasn't black man with black woman or white man with white woman.

That wasn't the definition of marriage, even in places with miscegenation laws.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                              Fun, I actually think Wiggy's being deadly serious with this one.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                                Huh?

Marriage is between a man and a woman (should be was).

Marriage wasn't black man with black woman or white man with white woman.

That wasn't the definition of marriage, even in places with miscegenation laws.

JM
                                I understand that. Marriage's traditional definition is between a man and a woman. But even given that marriage has never been defined based on race, the anti-miscegenation laws may not have been discriminatory because a black person could still marry a black person, and a white person could still marry a white person.

In order for discrimination to be present, the law would have to favor one group over another, yes?

Comment

Working...
                                X