No announcement yet.

Finland or Malta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Language concerns : both countries have really weird local languages, but are also both pretty good in english. Taxes: well, finland are certainly the high, but they have this obnoxius health care system, I don't know how it is in malta. Climate is of course different - finland is pretty cold in the winter, but then, Malta is pure hell june, july and august - if the wind are from south it gets worse.

I must admit that Malta is quite interesting if you are into historical stuff and it's of course also challenging to drive in the wrong side of the road
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

malta, spend your time scuba diving and looking for treasure

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
        I must admit that Malta is quite interesting if you are into historical stuff and it's of course also challenging to drive in the wrong side of the road
        Correct side I think you'll find!
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
          You should have followed the swedes back in 67, then you might still have a car industry
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Finland: great weather, hot blondes, and frickin' Santa Claus
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
              Red = countries that drive on the right side of the road;
              Blue = countries that drive on the wrong side of the road

Comment

finding a rental appartment in Helsinki right now is hard, and the rents are high.

public transport is good, so you don't necessarily need a car.

there is historical stuff to see in southern Finland as well, but not as cool as in Malta.
                My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post

Who said popularity is the determinant of what is best? Is Pop Idol or X Factor good television? I don't think so myself.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    Finland: great weather, hot blondes, and frickin' Santa Claus
                    You had me at hot blondes.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post

Silly British had to go and screw up the world.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                        You should have followed the swedes back in 67, then you might still have a car industry
                        We produce 7.7 times more cars than Sweden...

Comment

The grass is always greener on the other side but take Malta... I'd say your salary will provide you better there, or at least the real gap will be very close. Helsinki, I live here, it's fooking expensive. I hate it here anyway. Then again I hate it in Finland and I just hate it. I'm a hater.

Malta every single day of the week Vet, I've been to Malta, it's nice over there. It's small, sure, but you can travel, or if you can't, it's a cool island and focus on other things like getting all that tourist booty and if you prefer other stuff, you can pick up on reading, or work out, surf, what ever you want. In here? Options are very limited. You can either be a drunk or hang out with drunks. You'll be bumping into drunkards or hipsters, and hate them both. Public transportation is fair but that's a relative term. It'll take you to places that are either not interesting or stupid. And did I mention they're filled with drunks and other bastards? They are, I use them every day. I've seen surprisingly little violence considering all the big talk. Then again my first answer is usually somewhere between FU and FU. I'm not very civilized. So it's drunkards, bastards, hipsters, and insanely intense people like me. You know what? We don't look intense. We're like the Japanese, stay calm, present yourself as a bit lame.. but on the inside, we're burning and ready to just go crazy at any moment because we've been taking BS for too long.

You see, BS does not mean poverty or actual abuse like they have in many other countries. It's less of an offense against humanity but more effective in breaking people apart. We're a broken nation and ready to wreck the train should someone say something stupid or sit next to someone. We're sick of everyone, all foreigners and especially ourselves.

In summary, Malta is probably nicer and people in Malta DEFINITELY nicer.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                            We produce 7.7 times more cars than Sweden...
                            Sure, on license. Lots of Audis, VW's, peugeots etc. anyway, someone has to hack those wrong sided cars together that you need.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

On the corporate level (where the profits get repatrioted to) I suppose it matters but by and large for most of us if you live in a town which has a car factory it doesn't really matter if it is domestically owned or if it is owned by a foreign auto maker.

That said, the UK auto industry seems to be doing better than most. With factories closing across Europe due to over capacity the UK is actually doing well and is adding factories. Jaguar Landrover is building a whole new factory, GM Europe has decided not to close it's factory in the north of England (it will close a factory in either Germany or Poland instead) plus it will actually add a new production line, while BMW's mini, Nissan, Honda, and even Bentley are expanding production in the UK. That means while the rest of Europe is closing factories or slashing production the UK is actually adding factories and production. That's quite an accomplishment.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Sure, that's why the US government allowed car companies to close down when toyota, VW, nissan etc. could do it better ... oh, wait...

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X