Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
    Hi.

Yes, and he did such a good job at it that he ran away from even attempting re-election because his approval rating was in the 30s.
    I'm shocked (shocked!) that a Republican only managed to win one term as governor in Massachusetts. Seriously, how bad a governor must he have been to lose in a deep red state like Massachusetts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
      I'm shocked (shocked!) that a Republican only managed to win one term as governor in Massachusetts. Seriously, how bad a governor must he have been to lose in a deep red state like Massachusetts?
      You should read up on Brian Schweitzer. Or David Freudenthal. Or any number of successful, popular governors of states who are in the traditionally "other" party.

If Romney were so hot a governor, his party ID wouldn't have mattered. He didn't run for re-election because he was a ****ty governor and the residents of MA knew it.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• It's ironic that Mitt will win the presidency over a incumbent rejected by the electorate for similar reasons.

Comment

• Of course, Mitt balanced the budget and passed universal healthcare while he was Massachusetts governor. Obama definitely won't be able to claim the former and may not be able to claim the latter by November. Mittens 2 - 1? Barry.

Comment

• Robamneycare counts as a loss though.

Comment

It's ironic that Mitt will win the presidency over a incumbent rejected by the electorate for similar reasons.
              You seem awfully sure.

I personally have no idea one way or the other, but if I had to bet, I'd bet on Barry.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                You seem awfully sure.
                The troll simply wouldn't work if I accurately conveyed my view that it will be a close race that Mittens will narrowly win thanks to the anemic economic recovery.

Reading about Mitt's record as Massachusetts governor on Wikipedia is definitely improving my opinion of the guy, btw. Makes him sound like the type of responsible adult we so desperately need in Washington.

Comment

• For the record, Romney apparently chose not to run for a second-term as governor in Massachusetts so he could pursue the presidency in 2008.

Comment

• The electoral map favors Obama too much. He's going to win Virginia again, which will be enough to counteract losing Ohio, Iowa and Florida, should that happen. Hell, he could lose Colorado (unlikely) and still win as long as he carries Virginia.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Why would anyone have any confidence on Romney about anything as President? The one consistent theme of his existence has been, "I will say ANYTHING you want to get me elected."
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

For the record, Romney apparently chose not to run for a second-term as governor in Massachusetts so he could pursue the presidency in 2008.
                        That and the fact he had a 35% approval rating at the end of his term?

Comment

For the record, Romney apparently chose not to run for a second-term as governor in Massachusetts so he could pursue the presidency in 2008.
                          Oh in a sense, yes. His credibility as a presidential candidate would only have been bolstered by having been re-elected. But he knew he couldn't get re-elected, which is why he decided not to run again, because he knew that would hurt his image.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

He's going to win Virginia again
                            No.

Comment

The electoral map favors Obama too much. He's going to win Virginia again, which will be enough to counteract losing Ohio, Iowa and Florida, should that happen. Hell, he could lose Colorado (unlikely) and still win as long as he carries Virginia.
                              I don't see why you're so confident about Virginia. The Democrats have only won the state once in the last ten presidential elections, and that victory came during the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

Comment

• And was followed up by a ridiculously huge lead for the Republicans in the following year's statewide elections for Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and Attorney General.

Any polls which suggest that Obama is in the lead there aren't accounting for the fact that Republican supporters are going to turn out more, and that the key groups that allowed Obama to win Virginia last time already are looking unlikely to be turning out in large numbers again. Hispanics, blacks, and young voters will be voting less this year, in addition to a several point swing in the direction of the Republicans across the board.

edit: To be clear I'm referring to Virginia in particular in this post. I doubt Obama's going to get any Southern states besides Maryland and Delaware.

Comment

Working...
                                X