No announcement yet.

Finally, Some Good News for Mitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The criminalization of bullying, harassment, and especially "hate crimes" is just demonstrative of the pussification of this country. Seriously, this is something everyone deals with in high school and if you can't take the heat then you are just a pathetic little *****.

Nothing Romney did in this story indicates that he had any worse character than your average bored high school student. At least he never did drugs, which is more worrisome to me, because it is self-destructive.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      His character when he was a teenager?

You're grasping at straws here if you think what someone did as a teenager 48 years ago has any bearing on their character today.

Holy crap the stuff I said and wrote (including on here) when I was a teenager!

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
      Frankly, I find it far more concerning that he says he doesn't remember the incident today than that it happened in the first place. You do that to somebody and it's not even memorable for you? Really? What kind of ******* are you for that to be true (not that I think it is true...)?

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Damn it, I posted this thread first. It was in the "Really GOP" thread.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          The criminalization of bullying, harassment, and especially "hate crimes" is just demonstrative of the pussification of this country. Seriously, this is something everyone deals with in high school and if you can't take the heat then you are just a pathetic little *****.

Nothing Romney did in this story indicates that he had any worse character than your average bored high school student. At least he never did drugs, which is more worrisome to me, because it is self-destructive.

Your definition of average seems peculiar to me.

Smoking pot is worse than sociopathic behaviour?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Beating people is not a prank.
            Last edited by Dinner; May 11, 2012, 08:57.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Nasty though this incident sounds, I wouldn't judge a man based on the childhood actions of half a century ago. It's much easier to judge him on his current complete dishonesty and lack of empathy or compassion for those less fortunate.

Comment

I have to agree that this doesn't elicit much more than a shrug from me.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                  Since the advent of hate crimes, though obviously standards were different then. That said, it still should have merited discipline, which it apparently didn't get.

Frankly, I find it far more concerning that he says he doesn't remember the incident today than that it happened in the first place. You do that to somebody and it's not even memorable for you? Really? What kind of ******* are you for that to be true (not that I think it is true...)?

This. I could see if he had regretted being a bully, but he doesn't. I certainly don't want a bully for a president. Are people insane?
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I only hit a guy in the face once in my life when I was 16. The feeling of the impact of my fist on his nose scared the crap out of me. I still remember it like it was yesterday. So either Mr Romney had a habit of doing this type of thing or he is trying to weasel his way out of this one. Why just not say that he was an ass at the time and regretted the episode. Case closed.

Besides, can someone tell me what this guy stands for? Honestly, I don't know. He seems to be a collection of loose priciples and thoughts.
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

It was probably just a political calculation that 'so long ago I don't even remember' would get rid of the issue quicker than 'I was being a dumb kid'. Poor calculation in hindsight, but then again his campaign has misjudged the public mood so many times already it's hardly a surprise.

Comment

I am actually bothered by his 'I don't remember'. How could you forgot pinning someone down and cutting their hair. If it was that common an occurrence, there's a problem.
                        I would be more likely to accept "back then it was no big deal to harass gay kids"
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wait are we just assuming he was gay because he had bleached hair? I mean, that's not a bad assumption honestly, but it is jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Err, whether the kid was gay or not isn't really the point.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                              It does say something about the man's character.
                              No, it doesn't.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Giving Hippies haircuts

Beating poor little black girls to gain acceptance with the cool crowd
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X