Finally, Some Good News for Mitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that was difficult.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

bullying hurts someone else but nothing Romney did was against the law and even if it was, as a juvenile, it would have resulted in a detention, not legal action.

doing coke hurts no one but yourself but is a criminal offense.

So in the eyes of the law, Obama committed a crime. Romney gave someone a haircut against their will.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

America has mixed up priorities.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          Bullying, obviously.
          I share your concerns. Poor Correta.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            bullying hurts someone else but nothing Romney did was against the law and even if it was, as a juvenile, it would have resulted in a detention, not legal action.

doing coke hurts no one but yourself but is a criminal offense.

So in the eyes of the law, Obama committed a crime. Romney gave someone a haircut against their will.
            Uh. If the incident actually happened as described, how is that not illegal?
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Imagine if you walked into the police station ...

victim: "Hi, I'd like to report an offense committed against me."
              receptionist: "alright sir talk to officer smith"
              officer: "Hello, tell use what happened"
              victim: "Some guy named Mitt Romney cut off my ugly ass bleached blond hairdo"
              officer: "You deserve the swirliest of swirlies for wasting my time with this, you whiny little *****. Get out of my office."

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                Uh. If the incident actually happened as described, how is that not illegal?
                Since when do high school kids get assault charges for grabbing another kid and giving him a haircut? That's a detention and/or suspension and a conference with the parents.

If we start prosecuting kids for every little thing and sending them to juvie, we'll have a crapload of criminal kids; I'm not even sure juvie fixes kids. I think it makes them worse in a lot of cases by surrounding them with trouble makers.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Are there people who really care about this that aren't already guzzling down the Obama kool-aid?
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Once, several students remembered the time pranksters propped up the back axle of Wonnberger’s Volkswagen Beetle with two-by-fours and watched, laughing from the windows, as the unwitting teacher slammed the gas pedal with his wheels spinning in the air.
                    we lifted our coach's Bug and turned it 90 degrees so it was wedged in between a couple walls

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      Are there people who really care about this that aren't already guzzling down the Obama kool-aid?

It does say something about the man's character.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I agree, and I voted for Babar and will be voting for Gary Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                          It does say something about the man's character.
                          His character when he was a teenager?

You're grasping at straws here if you think what someone did as a teenager 48 years ago has any bearing on their character today.

Holy crap the stuff I said and wrote (including on here) when I was a teenager!

Comment

he aint being accused of saying or writing stuff

if he didn't know that was wrong he's got a major screw loose

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              Ed Schultz devoted his entire show to this. Had Clay Aiken on there discussing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                Since when do high school kids get assault charges for grabbing another kid and giving him a haircut? That's a detention and/or suspension and a conference with the parents.

If we start prosecuting kids for every little thing and sending them to juvie, we'll have a crapload of criminal kids; I'm not even sure juvie fixes kids. I think it makes them worse in a lot of cases by surrounding them with trouble makers.
                                Since the advent of hate crimes, though obviously standards were different then. That said, it still should have merited discipline, which it apparently didn't get.

Frankly, I find it far more concerning that he says he doesn't remember the incident today than that it happened in the first place. You do that to somebody and it's not even memorable for you? Really? What kind of ******* are you for that to be true (not that I think it is true...)?
                                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                                X