President Obama Announces Support for Gay Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    Nothing to argue with here. To think this will cost Obama the AA vote is lunacy.
    It could reduce turnout on the margins.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

More of them might decide to stay home. But really all I'm saying is that that may have been the line of reasoning as to why it took him this long to say he supports it.

Comment

To think it might depress AA turnout is not lunacy, though.

edit: Goddammit, HC...

Comment

Nah if turnout decreases it'll only be because the Obama hype is less this time out and re-electing the first 'Black' president is not as hype-enticing as electing him the first time. I don't see gay marriage playing much of a role.

The majority of Blacks vote against their social beliefs all the time. Why would this be any different?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Obama clearly ordered Biden to "come out." Obama plays strategies that people don't even get long after he's won.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
              Obama clearly ordered Biden to "come out." Obama plays strategies that people don't even get long after he's won.
              So Biden's comment was a product test?
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                Obama is clearly far smarter and wiser than any of the people in this thread.

Comment

Yes, he's playing three-dimensional chess, etc.

Comment

Anyone see the Romney comments from today? He said he's not changing his stance and has had the same stance since... he flustered a bit here and paused... 'since I took office'.

What? Was Romney pro-gay marriage before his governorship? Why would he specifically say since he took office after a possibly significant pause?

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                      Yes, he's playing three-dimensional chess, etc.
                      In the 5th dimension!
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Anyone see the Romney comments from today? He said he's not changing his stance and has had the same stance since... he flustered a bit here and paused... 'since I took office'.

What? Was Romney pro-gay marriage before his governorship? Why would he specifically say since he took office after a possibly significant pause?
                        Because he's Romney. In the end, Obama's just going to beat him to death with charisma.
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't think that it is impossible that this was planned from the start, but there's nothing to support that.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

You'd also have to believe Biden can stick to a script. Occam's Razor, people.

Comment

Yup. Romney in 1994:

"As a result of our discussions and other interactions with gay and lesbian voters across the state, I am more convinced than ever before that as we seek to establish full equality for America's gay and lesbian citizens, I will provide more effective leadership than my opponent."

So that explains Romney specifically saying 'since I took office'.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                                You'd also have to believe Biden can stick to a script. Occam's Razor, people.
                                Obama set this up with Biden over a decade ago.
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X