West Virginia Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    $200 a month? Does he have some sort of extenuating circumstances or something or is that normal? Even if it is normal that's only $2.22 per meal which, once again, isn't that much. Hell, I'll buy two steaks on sale for my lady friend and I and that will still be $12 for one meal plus sides and drinks. $2.22 is like a potato, some processed chicken, and maybe boiled spinach with tea for a drink.
    Dude. Ground chicken: $1/lb. You can get 10lbs of chicken quarters for $5.99. Collard greens go for 4lbs/$1.

You want potatoes and chicken for 2 bucks? You just bought yourself a POUND of ground chicken and TWO POUNDS of potatoes.

Plus all the food banks where you can get grub for free.

What the **** lifestyle you live?

Flat out. If anyone's struggling on public assistance, it's because they don't know how to work the hustle.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yes, we're being played for fools--we thought these people were buying a small amount of meh food with these stamps, but instead they're buying a small-to-moderate amount of abysmally crappy food and selling the rest for half the cost of an XBox game! After a couple of months they'll be shooting zombies (and/or heroin, depending on their tastes) and laughing at us until their teeth fall out from the scurvy they got. Oooh, those wascally losers!
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Yes, we're being played for fools--we thought these people were buying a small amount of meh food with these stamps, but instead they're buying a really small amount of abysmally crappy food and selling the rest for half the cost of an XBox game! After a couple of months they'll be shooting zombies (and/or heroin, depending on their tastes) and laughing at us until their teeth fall out from the scurvy they got. Oooh, those wascally losers!
        Hey my neighbors next door got two computers, an xbox, a playstation, and internet access.

Just because you don't know how to hustle doesn't mean you can knock the hustle.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Elok, you have aspergers. Are you aware you can file for SSI disability payments and, depending on your work history, you can get ~$1200/month off SSI?

Comment

And did he buy said Xbox before he signed up for food stamps? BTW $1200 a month wouldn't pay even half my mortgage much less utilities. $1200 per month, even if he could get SSI which I doubt, is like basic survival with nothing else.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Tell your wife to go to a psychiatrist acting a fool to get an adult ADHD diagnosis. She can then file for SSI disability.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                And did he buy said Xbox before he signed up for food stamps? BTW $1200 a month wouldn't pay even half my mortgage much less utilities.
                That's because you live like a fat king!

I pay $320/month in rent. Most people live with their family with a lot of people in the house so they're spending nothing or next to nothing on housing. There's also Section 8 housing, of course.

There's also subsidizes for utilities

The hustle is crazy.

Comment

Yeah it does. They're a bunch of losers living off bad food and expending way too much effort on the so-called "easy life," apparently for the spiteful pleasure of cheating the government. They can go ahead and play all their Call of Duty: The Same Damned Game As Last Time they want while they wolf down endless ground chicken (now with extra mystery parts!) and what must be some seriously dubious collard greens. Get yourself a paying job, buy some of their stamps with your salary, and at thirty on the dollar you'll soon find yourself eating steak regularly for a pittance, plus you'll have excess cash for gaming needs. Who's hustling who there?

Massive XPost
                  1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    Get yourself a paying job, buy some of their stamps with your salary, and at thirty on the dollar you'll soon find yourself eating steak regularly for a pittance, plus you'll have excess cash for gaming needs. Who's hustling who there?
                    I can't in good conscious buy food stamps but I know people who work and aren't eligible for food stamps who do buy stamps and consequently, ball out with more expensive eats.

The hustle goes beyond those who receive benefits. It's all throughout the ghetto, whether you work or not.

Comment

• So...living in a hellhole slum and dealing with eight different government agencies so you can eat crap food while you play video games all day is a "hustle" now?
                      1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        So...living in a hellhole slum and dealing with eight different government agencies so you can eat crap food while you play video games all day is a "hustle" now?
                        Hey a lot of people do it. A lot of people are cool with it. Otherwise it wouldn't be happening.

Throw in some weed and brown liquor and that's like 75% of the hood.

It sounds like a stereotype but that ****'s real talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Elok, you have aspergers. Are you aware you can file for SSI disability payments and, depending on your work history, you can get ~$1200/month off SSI?
                          Well, if I didn't show any signs of being able to actually work, yes. I would, in effect, be agreeing to forgo any hope of a career for the rest of my life for "easy money." Not a good move.
                          1011 1100

Comment

Well, if I didn't show any signs of being able to actually work, yes. I would, in effect, be agreeing to forgo any hope of a career for the rest of my life for "easy money." Not a good move.
                            Minimum wage is $7.25/hour. Even if you get 40 hour weeks (which may take some doing), you're talking about $1200/month anyway pre-tax.

If your expectations are you won't make more than minimum wage, hey, easy money is the good move. Realistically, though, you can start working later when you want to and no one will be the wiser.

You have a dependent now, too. Grab that SSI disability plus food stamps plus everything subsidized for low-income households and you can live straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Hey a lot of people do it. A lot of people are cool with it. Otherwise it wouldn't be happening.

Throw in some weed and brown liquor and that's like 75% of the hood.

It sounds like a stereotype but that ****'s real talk.
                              Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people are doing it. And they're probably happy doing it too. Because a lot of people are morons, and morons enjoy doing stupid things. The question is, why exactly aren't you expending strenuous effort to get the hell out of there? Note that anyone who things it's cool to "keep it real" (or whatever the slang phrase is) by dwelling next to incompetent criminals is basically a moron by definition as well.
                              1011 1100

Comment

Not to mention it would never ever get better. At least if you work you can climb up the ladder, buy a new car once in a while, live in a place which isn't the ghetto, take your wife on a vacation every few years, provide your family with nice clothes, etc... Oh, and you don't have to eat the $1 a pound mystery meat.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X