No announcement yet.

West Virginia Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HC, you should take Alpert under your wing. Show him the ways of the world.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
      IIRC he was paid $25/hr last summer doing computer support stuff, and he was only 18 then. That's a higher wage than a lot of people on this forum earn.
      That's true.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        I work hard, act professional, and have made tremendous effort from an early age to acquire valuable skills.
        Yeah, it's really not that complicated. You get marketable skills, act professionally, and people are willing to hire you.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          Jesus, $25/hour? I'm a 2nd-year college student and my job this summer as a sysadmin is $20/hour...I thought THAT was a lot.

With a 50-hour work week and 2 weeks of vacation that's $62,500/year before taxes.
          Like I've said before it isn't that hard to make a decent amount of money if you apply yourself. I have no idea why some people are 45 and only making $30k.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
            I have two $8 fuzzy zip-up sweatshirts. Faded Glory (Wal-mart Brand). They're just fine after two years of constant use.

You're a snob, plain and simple.
            My nicest shirt is Faded Glory.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Yeah, it's really not that complicated. You get marketable skills, act professionally, and people are willing to hire you.
              I don't get interviews. I have no opportunity to act professionally or not.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Getting initial attention/phone numbers is not the problem.
                Get a job. Self respect eh. It shows.
                "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  I don't get interviews. I have no opportunity to act professionally or not.
                  Probably because you've burned all your bridges. I'd suggest moving to the coast and becoming a fisherman.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Can you swim? Be a lifeguard. They'll hire any junkie piece of **** who walks in the door, so long as he can swim.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Nope, Al can't swim. He wants to spend his life on a boat in the Marine Corp but he can't be bothered to learn how to swim. Sad but true.

Comment

• If he really wants to serve he should join the Coast Guard.

Comment

• WTF? How can you hope to be a Marine and not know how to swim?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            Nope, Al can't swim. He wants to spend his life on a boat in the Marine Corp but he can't be bothered to learn how to swim. Sad but true.
                            Marine Corps
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• The "s" is for Swimming.

Comment

• Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X