West Virginia Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Is coal going to get the credit again, this time for Arkansas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        Walmart sells somethings very cheaply but a lot of what is sold at Walmart is just out and out garbage. We're talking the dregs. Clothes which fall apart after a single wash, fruit which goes bad in a day or two because it took three weeks to ship it from Africa, or Chinese toys with lead based paint or Chinese toothpaste mixed with plastics and pesticides. Walmart is ok for a quart of oil or things like stationary supplies but that's about it.
        I have two $8 fuzzy zip-up sweatshirts. Faded Glory (Wal-mart Brand). They're just fine after two years of constant use.

You're a snob, plain and simple.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I get all my clothes at Wal-Mart or Target

Well, some of my nicer dress clothes I get elsewhere, and I don't get shoes there.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            Is coal going to get the credit again, this time for Arkansas?
            Such a cute puppy!
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
              I have two $8 fuzzy zip-up sweatshirts. Faded Glory (Wal-mart Brand). They're just fine after two years of constant use.

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              I get all my clothes at Wal-Mart or Target

Well, some of my nicer dress clothes I get elsewhere, and I don't get shoes there.
              Yuck.

And, as we all know, ghetto people rock name-brands that you can't get at Wal-Mart.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Yuck.

And, as we all know, ghetto people rock name-brands that you can't get at Wal-Mart.
                And just how is your fashion sense working for you with women????

Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                  And just how is your fashion sense working for you with women????

Getting initial attention/phone numbers is not the problem.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    I expect his mommy and daddy still do the shopping for him. I even doubt the boy has ever been gainfully employed.
                    IIRC he was paid $25/hr last summer doing computer support stuff, and he was only 18 then. That's a higher wage than a lot of people on this forum earn.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

IIRC he was paid $25/hr last summer doing computer support stuff, and he was only 18 then. That's a higher wage than a lot of people on this forum earn.
                      Funny how that works out. Meanwhile, Staples and Rite Aid won't hire me to be a cashier.

Comment

Getting initial attention/phone numbers is not the problem.
                        PLEASE handle them differently than the last one.... PLEASE
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You're probably one of those guys who claims that his Dodge ran 5 trillion miles without a problem therefor Dodge must be a high quality car brand, huh? This, of course, ignores the actual statics which show Dodge builds crap cars. It's the same with Walmart, they sell junk. Target at least sells stuff of significantly higher quality; just check the thread counts, how plush the fabric is, or check the stitching.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Jesus, $25/hour? I'm a 2nd-year college student and my job this summer as a sysadmin is $20/hour...I thought THAT was a lot.

With a 50-hour work week and 2 weeks of vacation that's $62,500/year before taxes.

Comment

$15/hour. Programming computers. Still not a bad wage for 18, but not nearly $25/hour.

I actually don't have a job lined up this summer at the moment though because I'm still unsure about whether I'm going to do summer school. It's too late to get a nice job like that again. I'll probably try to find work at the sailing school in Arlington if I decide against summer school.

Comment

Funny how that works out. Meanwhile, Staples and Rite Aid won't hire me to be a cashier.
                                I work hard, act professional, and have made tremendous effort from an early age to acquire valuable skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X