West Virginia Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Walmart sells somethings very cheaply but a lot of what is sold at Walmart is just out and out garbage. We're talking the dregs. Clothes which fall apart after a single wash, fruit which goes bad in a day or two because it took three weeks to ship it from Africa, or Chinese toys with lead based paint or Chinese toothpaste mixed with plastics and pesticides. Walmart is ok for a quart of oil or things like stationary supplies but that's about it.
    Yeah, I don't think they actually sell lead paint toys. I remember that happening by accident, like, once.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I've bought things from the Wal-Mart down the road loads of times, including kids' toys (Nerf guns specifically), and I have not gotten lead poisoning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        Yeah, I don't think they actually sell lead paint toys. I remember that happening by accident, like, once.
        It's a very cheap way to adulterate products so you can sell them at extremely low prices. The practice is rampant in China. If you import stuff from China then there WILL be lead contamination even on things like bowls and silverware.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
          If there were supplies that could move around on their own without transport, I don't know if we'd need to have retailers at all.
          The retailers would move to the internet.

Comment

• They're doing that already. Why pay for expensive retail space when you can just locate a warehouse in BFE and cheaply ship the goods to someone's home? That's why a lot of book sellers, CD & DVD places, and now even electronics stores are closing.

Comment

• China is infamous for use of lead and other unsafe practices.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                They're doing that already. Why pay for expensive retail space when you can just locate a warehouse in BFE and cheaply ship the goods to someone's home? That's why a lot of book sellers, CD & DVD places, and now even electronics stores are closing.
                Shipping is really expensive and it's way cheaper to send stuff in bulk to a store.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  China is infamous for use of lead and other unsafe practices.
                  Indeed those Chinamen will soak people in lead simply because they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    How can it be hard when all you have to do is go to Wal Mart?
                    ?curious?

When did you last do the grocery shopping for the family?

Comment

• I expect his mommy and daddy still do the shopping for him. I even doubt the boy has ever been gainfully employed.

Comment

• Racist rednecks who vote Republican:

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          Racist rednecks who vote Republican:
                          The guy who said Obamacare was stupid and pointless seemed to know what he was talking about

Comment

• "But a lot of people in Mississippi need healthcare!"

Pelosi's girl is quite dumb, wow.

Comment

• Here's another one.

Obama Leads by Only 7 in Arkansas's Democratic Primary
                              The poll covers Arkansas’s Fourth Congressional District.
                              1:27 PM, May 15, 2012 • By MICHAEL WARRENSingle Page

A new poll of Arkansas Democrats shows Barack Obama receiving support from only 45 percent of Democratic primary voters in Arkansas’s Fourth Congressional District, while 38 percent support his underfunded and relatively unknown primary challenger, Tennessee lawyer John Wolfe, Jr. Seventeen percent are undecided in the district poll.

In an interview with THE WEEKLY STANDARD, Wolfe said the poll results were “unbelievable” and said a defeat for Obama in the Arkansas primary would be “politically cataclysmic.”

“It says the momentum is good,” Wolfe said about the poll. “This is democracy in action."

Wolfe predicted that the voters would move his way in the final days before the May 22 primary, despite his shoestring campaign budget. “There’s not been a single TV ad. There’s not been a single radio ad,” he said.

Wolfe is also competing against Obama in Texas’s May 29 primary.

Wolfe has criticized Obama for being too close to Wall Street and its interests (for example, Obama’s latest fundraiser with private equity lenders last night in New York City) and seeks to be a more principled Democrat than the 44th president.

Wolfe also said he supports repealing the president's signature legislation, Obamacare, which he says doesn’t lower health care costs even if the White House claims otherwise.

Not even a convict this time.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• That would be Arkansas that has open primaries, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X