No announcement yet.

Junior Seau dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't these people know you can get an MRI while still alive?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
      Don't these people know you can get an MRI while still alive?
      Duerson didn't kill himself so that his brain could be analyzed. He presumably killed himself because of the depression and other problems that developed from the neurological damage. But Duerson had enough presence of mind to realize that his brain needed to be preserved to demonstrate the effects of neurological damage from playing football.

I don't know if Easterling and Seau had something similar in mind but it is telling that they also chose to end their lives with a gunshot to the chest, which is not the most obvious way to kill yourself with a gun.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Ozzy pull your head out. You talk like people who do suicide, like this, are in their. "RIGHT " mind.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          NFL players who deal with concussion-induced neurological problems and want to preserve their brains for the autopsy.

It's possible Seau was doing what Dave Duerson did last year:
          This...

RIP Junior Seau

I saw a really moving article about Duerson ending his life and the setting up of an NFL brain bank last year. It is scary to think that any American football player out there could be carrying a ticking timebomb in their heads...

I'm a non American and I even know who Doug Flutie is...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

At least the days of being coached to stick with your helmet, and water during practice is for wimps is ending.
            Last edited by SlowwHand; May 3, 2012, 11:53.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
              I'm in the amateur business of knowing who "celebrities" are and I contend this guy just didn't try hard enough. He had to off himself to get noticed.
              One of the best to play his position and by all accounts a good man.

As an aside, I have one of his former teammates on my List at 18.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Depression is also common in those that loved their jobs and are basically forced to retire. While drain damage could be a possible cause, it may not be the only cause.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Watching his Mother yesterday was heartbreaking.
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I really enjoy watching American Football, but now I'm glad my son has no interest in playing it.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                    X