• Show
Clear All

• Firefighter accused in bank robbery slips teller $20 for tip

The boy's not too swift-minded.

by REBECCA LOPEZ
    WFAA

Posted on April 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Updated today at 10:49 AM

DALLAS - The teller at a Chase bank must have been surprised when the man who robbed her, also tipped her.

It’s one of the new details we're learning about the firefighter arrested overnight for bank robbery.

News 8 has exclusive video of 37-year-old Jesus Ventura being lead into the jail early Wednesday morning. Hours earlier police say he robbed a Chase bank in southwest Dallas.

According to court documents, he told the bank clerk, "I hate to do this to you, but I need you to give me all your money."

Then gave her a $20 tip.

Police arrested Ventura a short time later, allegedly trying to rob a gas station.

"It's unfortunate we are here with this issue," said Dallas Police Chief David Brown. "We can't have any of this happening without appropriate investigation, no matter what the person's position is with the city."

For weeks now, sources say Ventura has been having troubles. He was arrested last month for firing a high-powered rifle in the firehouse where he was stationed.

He was arrested for deadly conduct for the incident. That’s a misdemeanor, so he was let go on a $1,500 bond.

His release even surprised his neighbors.

"Like a week later, we saw him at his house," said neighbor Cassandra Arenas. "He had gotten released."

Wednesday Ventura told a federal judge he suffers from depression, anxiety and is bipolar.

"My meds make it difficult to keep track of days and past events," he said.

Ventura said he's been off his medications, and is having marital problems.

When Ventura was arrested the first time for firing the weapon in the firehouse, Dallas police considered him extremely dangerous. They even had members of the Dallas SWAT team ready when they were preparing to arrest him.

But he was charged with only a misdemeanor, so was released after posting bond.

The Dallas Fire Department has taken no disciplinary action against Ventura, and he’s still a Dallas fire fighter.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    The boy's not too swift-minded.
    Well, it is Dallas.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I think deadly conduct should be renamed if it's just a misdemeanor.

Comment

Also, Al should move to Texas. With how often he gets robbed he'd get tons of tips.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X