Happy Easter!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Христос воскрес! (Christos voskres!)

Went to my sisters, had a nice meal, played with a bunch of great nephews & nieces, drank a bit, and watched Hop.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

My spelling's probably wrong, but Aletos Aneste and Voistinu Voskres, respectively. Also, you bozos were a week early. Pascha's today. Sheesh...
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Get with the Gregorian Calender already .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Why? Gregorian calendar often (not always, but often) puts Easter before Passover. You resurrect a man who, according to scripture, isn't even dead yet.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It's not my fault the Jews are backwards!

Besides, its been a looooong time since Easter cares about when Passover was (Nicea, IIRC). Don't act like y'all don't also wait until the Sunday following the full moon after the vernal equinox!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              I swear we're becoming the boring couple we made fun of when we were younger. The girlfriend and I went out for pizza for lunch today and the cute waitress in her early 20's asked us what we were doing for our Easter holiday. I responded that I got a hair cut and my girlfriend said she did the laundry. The waitress responded "wow, exciting stuff". It's sad because it's true.
              Dump her for the cute waitress?
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                You resurrect a man who, according to scripture, isn't even dead yet.
                It's a lot easier that way

Comment

Well, I hope everyone had a good easter.

Still, I bet that a bunch of his followers took his body from the grave rather than that he walked out of there by himself...
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Happy Spring equinox- that well-known pre-Christian celebration in the Middle East and Europe. Eggs, hares and rabbits- let fertility and fecundity abound.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                    X