Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is bullying and trolling protected under free speech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felch, with all kindness in my heart, that's stupid. Like the person doing suicide knows how much attention it garnished.

Can you imagine the "victim's" dismay as they look down and see a field of people chanting "Dumbass! Dumbass! Dumbass!"
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Kids are dumb, and they do dumb ****.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I knew a guy that did suicide at 30, because he thought he was old. Suicide is sad and never the answer.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Suicide is sometimes the answer, but not if you are 30 and feeling old.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
            Could it have been encouraged by all the attention other kids get when they killed themselves.

Ignore suicide. Paying attention to it only makes it worse.

How about murder? If we ignore all the murderers instead of arresting and prosecuting them, murder will go away on its own - MAGIC!
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

People aren't generally memorialized for murder. Kill yourself because someone called you a ***, and boom, instant martyrdom.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

If your murders are spectacular enough (e.g. Ted Bundy, Jack the Ripper, Gilles de Rais, etc) then you can become famous, but that actually takes some effort and creativity.

It's also difficult with suicide. Set yourself on fire in a political protest and you can become "nameless monk on fire", or spawn a catchphrase during your suicide ("I told you I was hardcore") and maybe you'll achieve some notoriety, but for the most part it's not an easy way to get fifteen minutes of fame.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Or completely reshape the political landscape of several North African and Middle Eastern countries. Basically, results may vary.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                  X