No announcement yet.

Suppression of voters' rights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Their voter suppression efforts go far beyond just the ID laws; they also include things like making it so college students can't vote in the district where they live, shortening the time early voting can occur (some states went from two weeks down to just one day; Republicans liked early voting when it was just older white people but now that most early voters are minorities they suddenly want to get rid of it), being extremely restrictive about who can get absentee ballots, reducing the number of polling stations in minority areas (even while increasing the number of polling stations in older white areas), reducing the number of voting machines in the remaining polling stations in minority areas (the machines all get moved to likely Republican voter areas, of course), robo-calling & hanging up posters which make false claims (claiming the Republican is really the democrat, claiming the NAACP endorsed the Republican when they didn't, telling people false polling station locations, and even deliberately stating the wrong election date so people don't vote on the correct day), and even shutting down city buses on election day in some cities just so poor people can't get around that day. Republicans are just criminals who will do anything to win no matter how evil or underhanded.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Hey Oerdin, why don't you comment on the voter fraud in Philadelphia? Why don't you comment on how the Democrats on the election advisory board were complicit in the fraud? Why don't you respond to everything I've posted?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Honestly, I normally just ignore your posts and don't read them.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Honestly, I normally just ignore your posts and don't read them.
          You've been demanding evidence of us and I've been providing it. You repeatedly ignore it and repeatedly insist there's no voter fraud. You willfully remain in your ignorance.

No wonder you're always wrong.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Just ignore him... He's got a hard on against the GOP, and thinks they are the only party that does anything wrong... and even if you point anything out to him, he will just claim the GOP is worse. He's simply a "Fox News" clone for the democrats.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...r-id-check-law
              75% of voters, including a majority of Democrats, support voter ID laws. This leads me to believe that many Democrats want to keep these laws from passing because fraud is actually component in their electoral strategy. This is of course unprovable.
              You could reasonably be expected to provide evidence that the Democrats could swing an election with voter fraud.

Comment

• Wasn't there an election in Alaska back in 08 that was decided by 1 vote (out of over 10,000)? The repug won that one. Thank god for limiting minority voters. Oh wait, there are no minorities in Alaska, except for the natives.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  You could reasonably be expected to provide evidence that the Democrats could swing an election with voter fraud.
                  The 1993 Pennsylvania state senate race, as I've referenced repeatedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    Presumably only in a very low turnout election or one that is very close.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I would think the only elections you'd bother to expend the energy on fraud would be the ones you would think would be close, or whats the point.
                      (unless your abilities at fraud were so good that you could pull 10,000 votes out of your butt.)
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That would be Chicago.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                          The portion that's dead? The tyranny of the living is a terrible sight to behold.
                          When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall obtain suffrage.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I was under the impression that hell encouraged suffrage of the damned.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                              Where does this new assumption come from that black people don't have IDs? Is it like the new stereotype, along with smoking Newports and watching Tyler Perry movies?
                              People who don't like gays generally don't have IDs.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• That's what I would think. ID laws would mostly disenfranchise cabin-dwelling survivalists who stockpile canned tuna and 5.56 ammo. Except those guys are either not registered to vote (**** the system) or already have IDs because you need them to function in the 21st century.
                                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X