Robocalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming View Post
    I love comcast... the number and caller Id pop up on my TV so I can see if I want to answer it or not. Sure, you have to be watching tv at the time, but it sure is a nice feature.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      The best solution probably would be, to use an answering machine and not personally answer the call before you have ensured, that it isn´t some kind of unsolicitated marketing call.
      I've done this since I first got an answering machine back in the early nineties. Everyone who knows me knows I screen my calls, so they don't just hang up. Many of them also picked up the habit from me.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

My wife got a robocall last week, telling her she had won a cruise and just needed to answer a few questions. The last question she answered was: "Who are you going to vote for, for president?"

She apparently gave the wrong answer because they hung up on her.

ACK
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
          My wife got a robocall last week, telling her she had won a cruise and just needed to answer a few questions. The last question she answered was: "Who are you going to vote for, for president?"

She apparently gave the wrong answer because they hung up on her.

ACK
          As long as she correctly answered, "We need you credit card info to cover the cost of mailing your tickets.", you should be fine.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
          X