Five pint lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five pint lunch

Would you even bother going back to work after five Hobgoblins?

Sometimes it's like my office is in a time warp. Or is lunchtime drinking acceptable elsewhere as a client development tool?

Fifteen days til I leave..... or not sure which.

Sent from my HTC.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

The last time I remember when drinking during lunch was considered OK was back in the 80's. So yes, your office is in a time warp. We were instructed that if we had too many, five hobgoblins is probably boarder line, to not return to work and make an idiot out of yourself. Now, even a beer is frowned upon. If you're working on client development, the rules are a little more Lax
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

5 UK pints = 6 US pints

Hobgoblin isn't particularly weak, 4.5% I think. I'd be hammered if I drank that much. #joysofparenthood
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

The key to drinking on your lunch hour is to get your boss to go with you so he is equally guilty and can't get upset about it.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

A light apperitiif...enough to get you through the rest of the working day if you ask me
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Two beers and I'm useless for work...
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I wouldn't be able to work well with 5.

I occasionally have 1-2 Friday early evening and then go work for a bit afterwards. But this isn't my best.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yep application development and programming don't really go well with drinking.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                  Two beers and I'm useless for work...
                  No change then?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Bravo.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

a few jibs back.....

we had a hard week at work, so we went out for pizza, which then lead to beer, we were having a grand time till we saw the boss stroll in
                      You could hear a pin drop, till he bought the next round

last time I ever drank on the job
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                        5 UK pints = 6 US pints

Hobgoblin isn't particularly weak, 4.5% I think. I'd be hammered if I drank that much. #joysofparenthood
                        The ones in my fridge say 5.2%.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

5.2 in bottles, 4.5 on draught. I assumed draught in a pub, but of course it is stupid to assume.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

You can't show up to work drunk, you are no Pilot!
                            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I doubt I have ever imbibed five pints of anything at one sitting (no s******s at the back, thank you).
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                              X