No announcement yet.

Broccoli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't even include Atlanta part of the deep south these days any more then I would include central or southern Florida. It's culturally moved out of the ****hole we call the deep south and become some place better.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
      Nice, 80-90 years ago but not really relevant in the modern era.

Comment

Your complete lack of shame about your idiocy is what makes you endearing.

Comment

We had a good thread here about important issues, like broccoli, until Oerdin started ****ting on it. This is why we can't have nice things.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

I honestly don't know anyone who would include the retired NYC jews, the retired Ohio auto workers, or the cuban exiles as part of the traditional deep south, indeed, Florida, especially central and southern Florida votes entirely differently from the states around it. It's simply not part of the deep south culturally nor, really, is Texas with its hordes of immigrants from the midwest looking for cheap housing and some sort of job. Yes, they're leaving ****ty places like Nebraska hoping to find some dead end warehousing job in Texas and a cheap house they can raise thier screaming brats in even if the local schools suck ass. The one thing those two places have in common is neither one is culturally part of the deep south, even Atlanta which was historically part of the deep south (but now has become something different due to an influx of people from outside the deep south) has more more in common with the deep south than either of those other places yet still is no longer really part of the deep south culturally.

Comment

Read the ****ing article, you moron. East Texas and north Florida are in the Deep South, not the entirety of both states.

Comment

Oh, bull****, dumbass.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So... Your argument is if we ignore all the major population centers and just look at a few remote areas then they are part of the deep south? Is that really your argument? That's dumb, Drake, even for you.

Comment

He's an idiot.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        So... Your argument is if we ignore all the major population centers and just look at a few remote areas then they are part of the deep south? Is that really your argument? That's dumb, Drake, even for you.
                        Like your argument that places like Atlanta that people move to don't count as part of the deep south, therefore the deep south consists entirely of backwater ****holes?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Houston (the largest city in Texas) isn't a major population center? Jacksonville (the largest city in Florida) isn't a major population center? Jesus Christ, is there any subject you can't be inconceivably wrong about?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            Like your argument that places like Atlanta that people move to don't count as part of the deep south, therefore the deep south consists entirely of backwater ****holes?
                            Yes, my argument is that once lots of people from outside the deep south immigrate to a location causing a cultural shift then it stops being part of the deep south as the culture has become markedly different from the rest of the deep south. I believe that argument is both logical and easy to follow.

Ergo, when the majority of the population of southern and central Florida came from places like the north or Cuba then it had more in common culturally with the north or Cuba than it did with Alabama. Is this really so had to follow?

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post

Houston (the largest city in Texas) isn't a major population center? Jacksonville (the largest city in Florida) isn't a major population center? Jesus Christ, is there any subject you can't be inconceivably wrong about?
                              Houston, as even our friend from Texas will tell you, has very little in common culturally with Mobile or other parts of the deep south. Texas has a culture all it's own and most of the people in a place like Houston aren't even from the south originally much less the deep south. Get it right, Drake. I would have thought a carpet bagger like you could get that right.

Comment

I doubt the culture in Houston is that different from the culture of other Deep South cities like Atlanta and Jacksonville.

Comment

Working...
                                X