X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUDI, and we mean it !

link

Audi accused of spreading driver 'disease' with longer lasting horns

WHAT began as a plan to attract India's horn-pumping motorists with some of the best and loudest car horns on the market has descended, instead, into yet another outlet for sub-continental road rage.

Audi has equipped its cars with extra loud horns to tempt buyers in one of its fastest growing markets. According to Michael Perschke, the director of Audi India: "You take a European horn and it will be gone in a week or two. With the amount of honking in Mumbai, we do on a daily basis what an average German does on an annual basis."

The horns were being specially reinforced for driving conditions in India, Mr Perschke told India's Mint newspaper. "The horn is tested differently - with two continuous weeks of honking. The setting of the horn is different, with different suppliers."

But Audi's decision has provoked fury from anti-honking activists. "It's absolutely wrong for manufacturers to do this," Rohit Baluja, president of the Institute of Road Traffic Education in Delhi, said.
    Top 50 Tech Rec Coverage

"Honking in India is a disease that needs to be controlled, not encouraged," said Harman Singh Sidhu, the president of Arrive Safe, a road safety campaign group.

"Honking is a big menace. It is causing mental torture and is a major cause of road rage."

He pointed out that India had the worst record on road safety in the world - 133,938 people died on its roads in 2010, or about 366 people every day, according to the National Crime Records Bureau.

"The true figure is higher because many road crashes go unreported," Mr Sidhu said.

Moreover, India's road traffic accident rate has soared as more novice drivers buy cars for the first time and share pot-holed, poorly signed roads with bullock carts, cows, rickshaws and bicycles.

Domestic passenger car sales in India, a country of 1.2 billion people, rose 13 per cent last month to 211,402, the highest monthly total on record, from 186,890 during the same period in 2011.

Foreign car-makers such as Audi are targeting India, where the economy is growing at more than 6 per cent per year, to compensate for sluggish growth elsewhere. The German group sold more than 5000 vehicles on the sub-continent last year, which represented rise of about 80 per cent on the year before.

Audi has not stopped with its car horns: Mr Perschke said that, since so many Audi owners in India had personal drivers, car interiors had been reconfigured so that "you can be more in command from the rear seat".
    Now, where did I put those earplugs ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Either you guys don't get the joke, or you don't have a sense of humor
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Make sure PH sees this.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

All the worst c*nt drivers in the UK seem to drive white Audis - actually white luxury cars full stop - that makes PH only half a c*nt...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Somehow I'm confident that noone has gotten the joke in the thread title

Edit: Mobby, I thouht you may, but it probably needs Molly.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
            All the worst c*nt drivers in the UK seem to drive white Audis - actually white luxury cars full stop - that makes PH only half a c*nt...
            Hey, I'm enjoying my car because those c**ts in white luxury cars can't cut me up because I am quicker than then...you should be on my side in this
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Except yours is a white luxury car with a funny paint job...

Anyway, the real skill is regularly ****ing those c*nts over when you're driving say a Punto or a Polo, or other some such random hire car...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Black and green ain't white mate

Feel free to give 'em hell. Really, they're also bullies too that pick on smaller cars. When I used to drive a smaller car I was always getting hassle off these arseholes, but now they don't bother. I remember the last time Mondeo man was trying to give me a hard time on the M11...haha.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hey, the paint job is unorthodoxed but I must say it takes a real man to drive around in a car painted those colors. PH must be very secure in his sexuality.

Either way I like his car. I'm not sure it would have been my choice but it's definitely noticeable and stands out from the crowd and that can be hard to achieve.

Comment

Anyway, the real skill is regularly ****ing those c*nts over when you're driving say a Punto or a Polo, or other some such random hire car...
                    I have to admit if a punter can take take a white 3.2L Audi A4 off the light in a Polo then he knows how to do something I don't.

Comment

Yeah...lie on a bulletin board
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                      X