San Diego Muslim mother beaten to death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Muslim mother beaten to death

With a note saying "Go back to your country"...

Get breaking national and world news, broadcast video coverage, and exclusive interviews. Find the top news online at ABC news.

A woman from Iraq who was found beaten, lying in a pool of blood in her in El Cajon, Calif., home next to a note saying “go back to your country,” has died and police are investigating her death as a possible a hate crime.
    Shaima Alawadi’s 17-year-old daughter found her unconscious on the dining room floor of her home Wednesday. She was taken to the hospital and put on life support, but she was taken off life around 3 p.m. Saturday.
    “Our understanding is that she was beaten and she was hit with some kind of a tool about 8 times in the head. She was knocked on the floor and was found in a pool of blood,” said Hanif Mohebi, the director of the San Diego chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
    Alawadi was a 32-year-old mother of five children, ranging in age from eight to 17.
    “A week ago they left a letter saying this is our country not yours you terrorist, and so my mom ignored that thinking it was just kids playing a prank,” Alawadi’s daughter, Fatima Al Himidi, told ABC News affiliate KGTV. “But the day they hit her, they left another note again, and it said the same thing.”
    Al Himidi told KGTV the intruders did not steal anything from their home, and the only motive must have been hate.
    “A hate crime is one of the possibilities, and we will be looking at that,” Lt. Mark Coit said, according to The Associated Press. “We don’t want to focus on only one issue and miss something else.”
    Al Awadi immigrated to the United States from Iraq in the mid-1990s.
    There is a large Iraqi population in El Cajon, Mohebi said, and its members often face “discriminatory hate incidents.”
    “Our ultimate goal is that whoever did this is brought to justice,” Mohebi said.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

El Cajon is a different city. BTW 10 years ago El Cajon was white trash central, poor, working class, trailer parks & guns sort of place. It's where most of the local racist dumb asses from broken homes moved to after they'd knocked up their high school girlfriend. Since the Iraq war the population has shifted with an influx of refugees and, yes, that's pissed off the white trash who called the area home. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised one of those dumb ****s hasn't gone ape **** before this though hopefully the cops will catch this bastard and that will deter more of them from burning crosses or killing people.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Burning crosses in a Muslim yard?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You should stop letting refugees with lots of kids in. Why not let more middle-class singles in?
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Sorry, but we Americans only have enough sympathy for one senseless tragedy at a time. Right now it's all about the Trayvon.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
            You should stop letting refugees with lots of kids in. Why not let more middle-class singles in?
            In the mid 1990s, she probably was.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

On the upside if you drive down El Cajon Blvd you can get some pretty cheap Iraqi and Lebanese food. Probably about half of the stores & restaurants for the two miles stretch of downtown El Cajon are now Arabic places. They've done well making it into a community and starting up businesses though I could see how the changes could piss the red necks off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                On the upside if you drive down El Cajon Blvd you can get some pretty cheap Iraqi and Lebanese food. Probably about half of the stores & restaurants for the two miles stretch of downtown El Cajon are now Arabic places. They've done well making it into a community and starting up businesses though I could see how the changes could piss the red necks off.
                1) it's always about food with you.
                2) Oh you mean Arabs making Arabic food instead of making pizzas because as you so eloquently put it, "Sand ******s are good for a lot of things, but I don't want them making my pizza"
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

All Oerdin has to do is mention food and it throws you into a frenzy

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    1) it's always about food with you.
                    Al, as usual you are an idiot. For some reason most people has a habit of eating, so if you are an uneducated or unskilled immigrant and can make some unusual food, it's one of the better ways to get a decent life.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      To be fair, if Oerdin really eats as much as he claims, then he must be close to 200 kg by now
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                        Al, as usual you are an idiot. For some reason most people has a habit of eating, so if you are an uneducated or unskilled immigrant and can make some unusual food, it's one of the better ways to get a decent life.
                        The murdered woman was a homemaker and her husband apparently worked for the Department of Defense. I see nothing about food being relevant here.

You are the idiot. You constantly demonstrate your inability to understand things.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          He seems to get very upset when ever someone mentions food. I can only suspect our little former neo-Nazi doesn't like what he's eating; of course if he got a job he could afford to go to restaurants.

Comment

I see nothing about food being relevant here.
                            Silly me. A description of the place where this occurred is just so far out of bounds? Get the stick out of your butt and get a job.

Comment

The murdered woman was a homemaker and her husband apparently worked for the Department of Defense. I see nothing about food being relevant here.

You are the idiot. You constantly demonstrate your inability to understand things.
                              Al, it's you that have a reading and comprehension disability - my comment was to your food comment, not on the topic.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X