X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    its pretty bad when even terrorists see your bias
    QFT.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

On both political sides.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Liberals aren't aware of the biases on MSNBC. They think that's 'reason'.

MSNBC is trash.

Your post was Oerdin-level dumb.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Your post was Oerdin-level dumb.
          Ouch.

Comment

**** both of you.

Comment

I was over at my mother's house last night taking care of her while she's recovering from surgery. She has MSNBC on almost all the time. I was amazed at how they don't even pretend to hide the liberal bias anymore. I mean, it's not as if they're trying to pass themselves off as objective; they explicitly advertise themselves as being liberal.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

They have indeed embraced advocacy journalism instead of the traditional objectivist journalism. Luckily, CNN and the Big three traditional networks still practice traditional objectivist journalism.

I would prefer the US have something like the fairness doctrine in broadcast news or copy the UK's rules about broadcasts having to be factual and objective but that is not the case here. It seems obvious to me that if you allow advocacy for one group then other groups will start doing the same from different view points so it's an all or nothing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  Luckily, CNN and the Big three traditional networks still practice traditional objectivist journalism.
                  That is to say, they air the stories they think will generate the most viewers regardless of political affiliation.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    I was over at my mother's house last night taking care of her while she's recovering from surgery. She has MSNBC on almost all the time. I was amazed at how they don't even pretend to hide the liberal bias anymore. I mean, it's not as if they're trying to pass themselves off as objective; they explicitly advertise themselves as being liberal.
                    It's no surprise. The opposite strategy worked for FOX news, so it seems reasonable that they would hope to gain the loons on the other side.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Actually, Fox isn't exactly the other side. MSNBC will tell you straight out that they are liberal; I.E. they're transparent about their advocacy. Fox is not transparent even though their bias is obvious. They continue to claim they're objectivitist even though they break every rule of traditional journalism and clearly fit the advocacy model other than they are not transparent about it. So that's the big difference in my mind one is transparent about its point of view/advocacy while the other is dishonest and refuses to admit its obvious bias and advocacy.

Comment

We have posters like that...
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Indeed we do and usually they claim to be "independent".

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            They have indeed embraced advocacy journalism instead of the traditional objectivist journalism. Luckily, CNN and the Big three traditional networks still practice traditional objectivist journalism.
                            I sincerely doubt that. The vast majority of committed objectivists would want to work for Fox News.

Comment

I loled

I'd associate them more with the cato institute, though.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                Liberals aren't aware of the biases on MSNBC. They think that's 'reason'.
                                I'm liberal, but I do not watch MSNBC. I'm very aware of their bias.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X