Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scientists have found a cure for cancer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    That only works when someone has done all the research that's needed to convince the FDA. Nobody's going to foot the bill for that if they aren't guaranteed a significant share of the market to cover it --and with no patent, they aren't.
    Can you say "overseas market"?

If it really works, someone will do it.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Can you be more specific?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That only works when someone has done all the research that's needed to convince the FDA. Nobody's going to foot the bill for that if they aren't guaranteed a significant share of the market to cover it --and with no patent, they aren't.
          good point
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            aaawww . . . what ails you?
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I've read about DCA about 5 years ago. Nothing's changed. Shouldn't the fed foot the bill for clinical testing if no one will?
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

There have been follow up studies after the 2007 study and it seems to be promising (not as some kind of Panacea, but at least as a supplemental drug in the chemotherapy of several kinds of cancer)

Medicor Cancer Centre’s Observational DCA Treatment Data Updated on: Jul 01, 2009 This is the third in our series of DCA data analysis updates. When we presented our first DCA observational data analysis in December 2007, our intent was to share our knowledge of treating patients with DCA and to show the potential of DCA […]
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                  I've read about DCA about 5 years ago. Nothing's changed. Shouldn't the fed foot the bill for clinical testing if no one will?
                  No, they serve as a check on the phama's work. I think the govt keeps hands off to prevent ethics issues.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I think the govt keeps hands off to prevent ethics issues.
                    Would that they did in more endeavors.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                      I've invested $100k in a start-up firm to exploit this technology. I am going to be minted.
                      Good investment, but first, can we "borrow" another $100m for the clinical trial? No risk, no risk at all
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, to correct you. Cancer arises in nucleus not mitochondria. Changes in the chromosomes leads to proliferation and decreased apoptosis. Mitochondria is still there. So majority anti-cancerous drugs target the nucleus of the cell not the mitochondria.

Comment

However,cancer cells change the way they metabolize oxygen in a way that promotes their survival. The major difference between a normal cell and a cancerous cell is that normal cells repair themselves and if they cant they undergo destruction but cancer causing cell can not do so. In laboratory studies of isolated cancer cells grown in tissue culture, DCA restores the original metabolism, and promotes their self-destruction. This has led to the use of DCA for treating cancer, by individuals experimenting with it themselves, by doctors administering it to patients as a non-approved drug, by scientists testing it in cancer tissue cultures in cell culture and in mice, and in human Phase II studies. DCA has improved certain biochemical parameters, but it has not demonstrated improved survival

Comment

IMA THROW A PIECE OF STANK AT YOU
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

not even sure what a piece of stank would entail
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

you cant run!
                                WHERE IS THE **** IS THAT BLLUE *****