No announcement yet.

Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, bc1957 and docfg show up after an over six month absence.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I missed you so much, long time.

Comment

• Bumping so everyone who insisted that charges be pressed and that OMFG FLORIDA IS RACIST can feel bad and stupid about themselves.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• When you gonna be grown up man HC
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Charges should have been pressed and Florida is racist.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Seriously, HC. If someone shot your son, are just going to say, "He had it coming."?
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                The guy wasn't even charged?
                Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                It should damn well be murder.
                Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                Oh, and we all know why the white guy called 911 and then shot the black kid, right? The only thing that makes a kid walking on the side walk "suspicious" was that he was black.
                Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                Yep, looks like murder.
                Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                I can't think of any extenuating circumstances that would make it not-murder aside from the dead teen packing heat or waving around a machete or whatever
                Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                The teen was walking while being black.

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                I agree that we don't have all of the facts, but what hypothetical facts would justify homicide in this case? Short of the kid actually having a handgun or machete, that is.

It's a good thing we have all these wonderful people to assume guilt! With their collective brainpower we could just fire all our judges.

Comment

• Never get older HC. Not that you could.
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• What, were you part of the Lynch Zimmerman crowd, too? Did I miss you?

Comment

• What percentage of teenagers who get gunned down haven't been murdered? If I hear that a teenager died because someone else shot him then in my mind the probability that the teenager was murdered exceeds 50%, or in other words it looks like murder. Obviously anyone serving on a jury is held to a higher standard than this but I don't see why anyone should feel embarrassed about initially thinking Trayvon was murdered rather than manslaughtered or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        What, were you part of the Lynch Zimmerman crowd, too? Did I miss you?
                        I just dont get why you're acting like a kid who is so proud about a big nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          What percentage of teenagers who get gunned down haven't been murdered? If I hear that a teenager died because someone else shot him then in my mind the probability that the teenager was murdered exceeds 50%, or in other words it looks like murder. Obviously anyone serving on a jury is held to a higher standard than this but I don't see why anyone should feel embarrassed about initially thinking Trayvon was murdered rather than manslaughtered or whatever.
                          If you want to apply a heuristic and say "yeah this is probably murder" go right ahead. But to suggest that there's no alternative possibility makes you an idiot. We have a couple of these ridiculous show trials every year in the US, and it's basically because of idiots like on the first page who declare guilt and don't really care about facts, and this political pressure forces prosecutors to do stupid ****.

Comment

• None of the quotes you posted claimed that there were no alternatives. The closest was Loinburger's quote, but he only said that he couldn't think of any alternatives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              We have a couple of these ridiculous show trials every year in the US, and it's basically because of idiots like on the first page who declare guilt and don't really care about facts, and this political pressure forces prosecutors to do stupid ****.
                              I am honestly surprised to learn that Zimmerman's prosecutors read the Apolyton off-topic forum. For any other prosecutors who are paying attention, I'd like to request another show trial: please prosecute HC for being a cunt.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• I think HC is making some very good points. I will definitely think further on them. Keep up the good work, HC!
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X