Why isn't this murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    No, Bobby Rush is definitely a symptom of inner-city Chicago politics. I don't think you'd find these sorts of shenanigans coming from many other places.
    What exactly do you have against Bobby Rush?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      There is a House rule against wearing hats on the floor?!
      Is that particularly surprising? The house has loads of decorum rules. Compared to European parliaments, it's probably downright libertine.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
        Spike Lee is a joke, when is the last time he made a movie worth a ****?

ACK!

Inside Man, Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, Jodie Foster, Christopher Plummer. Helluva bank heist movie.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Agreed on inside man...most of his movies are stilted and boring, though.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• George Zimmerman is not, was not and probably never will be a registered Neighborhood Watch person. Neighborhood Watch is (in most places) an organization which trains members on ways to reduce crime in their neighborhood, how to look out for themselves, their property and each other and how to help the police. Running around and stopping people is not one of the thing they're supposed to do. Zimmerman was never a member of the organization. He was simply a volunteer vigilante. I keep seeing him referred to as a "Neighborhood Watch Captain", but he wasn't a member of the organization and furthermore it's said that he was the only person to volunteer to patrol the community. If he was the only member of this fake neighborhood watch how does that make him a "captain" of the neighborhood watch?

Furthermore, unless Zimmerman would have had no means of identifying himself as a neighborhood watch person. Neighborhood watch organizations issue nice little signs to put on houses and poles to notify burglers that there is a local neighborhood watch organization, but they don't issue badges.

IIRC weren't there initally reports that Zimmerman had previously shot someone under similar circumstances? If so, I find it peculiar that that part of the story seems to have been quashed recently as reports about Trayvon's school suspensions and possibly swining at a bus driver surfaced.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Is that particularly surprising? The house has loads of decorum rules. Compared to European parliaments, it's probably downright libertine.
              Really? Like what?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                Really? Like what?
                Now, be nice to HC, he's still young and naive
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• The New York legislature has a lot of rules like the requirement to lock the doors so members of the other party can't get into the state house.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                    Now, be nice to HC, he's still young and naive
                    Perhaps, but he's certainly must be referring to some thing. Why else say that?
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                      George Zimmerman is not, was not and probably never will be a registered Neighborhood Watch person. Neighborhood Watch is (in most places) an organization which trains members on ways to reduce crime in their neighborhood, how to look out for themselves, their property and each other and how to help the police. Running around and stopping people is not one of the thing they're supposed to do. Zimmerman was never a member of the organization. He was simply a volunteer vigilante. I keep seeing him referred to as a "Neighborhood Watch Captain", but he wasn't a member of the organization and furthermore it's said that he was the only person to volunteer to patrol the community. If he was the only member of this fake neighborhood watch how does that make him a "captain" of the neighborhood watch?
                      It's a free country, nobody needs a license or anything to keep an eye out for crime.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        Perhaps, but he's certainly must be referring to some thing. Why else say that?
                        Maybe a naive belief in miilitary, moral and cultural superity
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• What I find interesting is that all that is reported is his many "annoying" calls to 911. Nowhere have they ever said that his "patrols" have actually helped someone or stopped a crime.
                          Since none have been reported, I will have to assume that none have ever happened... that he has never once stopped something bad from happening, stopped a crime in progress, or helped anybody. He was just an incident waiting to happen.

Since the facts are limited, or in dispute, it's hard to really know what happened.
                          But I have a problem with somebody armed running around acting like an idiot... something bad was eventually going to happen, and it did. And for that, he is responsible. Murder, manslaughter, an accident... who knows... but he is responsible for what happened.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Latest development in the Trayvon Martin case, ABC News has obtained exclusive surveillance video of George Zimmerman taken in cuffs to the police station, and no blood or bruises can be seen on his face, back of his head, or on his clothes.

A police surveillance video taken the night that Trayvon Martin was shot dead shows no blood or bruises on George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who says he shot Martin after he was punched in the nose, knocked down and had his head slammed into the ground.

The surveillance video, which was obtained exclusively by ABC News, shows Zimmerman arriving in a police cruiser. As he exits the car, his hands are cuffed behind his back. Zimmerman is frisked and then led down a series of hallways, still cuffed.

Zimmerman, 28, is wearing a red and black fleece and his face and head are cleanly shaven. He appears well built, hardly the portly young man depicted in a 2005 mug shot that until a two days ago was the single image the media had of Zimmerman.

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                              It's a free country, nobody needs a license or anything to keep an eye out for crime.
                              You do however need one to compel people to stop and answer questions about their activities. Otherwise people will rightly conclude that you are an aggressor and ought to be able to defend themselves against you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-mar...ry?id=16022897

A police surveillance video taken the night that Trayvon Martin was shot dead shows no blood or bruises on George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who says he shot Martin after he was punched in the nose, knocked down and had his head slammed into the ground.

The surveillance video, which was obtained exclusively by ABC News, shows Zimmerman arriving in a police cruiser. As he exits the car, his hands are cuffed behind his back. Zimmerman is frisked and then led down a series of hallways, still cuffed.

Zimmerman, 28, is wearing a red and black fleece and his face and head are cleanly shaven. He appears well built, hardly the portly young man depicted in a 2005 mug shot that until a two days ago was the single image the media had of Zimmerman.

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning.
                                I watched the video. The cameras are mounted near the ceiling, so it's really hard to see the state of his nose. It's conceivable that he might have cleaned his nose off. His hair is short though, so I'd think that if he had sustained abrasions on the back of his head they should show. It certainly doesn't look like his head had been repeatedly slammed into the ground. His jacket doesn't appear to be wet or soiled.

Comment

Working...
                                X