No announcement yet.

Why don't we raise the gas tax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-intellectualism has been a hallmark of the GOP for many years, and is the #1 factor keeping me from supporting them. This is nothing new.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

College is liberal brainwashing. You haven't been to a major university if you don't think so.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        College is liberal brainwashing. You haven't been to a major university if you don't think so.
        I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          I don't think so.
          What school do you go to? Oral Roberts?
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

What school do you go to? Oral Roberts?

I don't feel any desire to tell you but it certainly doesn't engage in conservative brainwashing either.

Comment

Me neither.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Suddely I think that the US marines are acting sane by preventing Al to join - they simply don't want to embarrass US with Al running around with an official gun.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Classes at Temple University were of definite liberal persuasion. I never encountered, even in the economics department, a decidedly conservative ideology. At best, a professor was neutral. I recall myself and an Austrian School-influenced student having arguments in class with our Keynesian intermediate macroeconomics professor. My humanities courses (philosophy of art, moral philosophy, African-American philosophy, modern European history, poli sci, etc. I took over a dozen) were definitively of a liberal persuasion.

Comment

You didn't have any lolbertarian professors?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      You didn't have any lolbertarian professors?
                      No, sir. Not even in the economics department. If there were, they didn't drill libertarian ideology into our heads.

Comment

Back to topic - why don't you americans start to tax buying a car ? Here the tax is between 105-180 % depending on the price. That could probably solve some of the problems the state have
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You are just PRECIOUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

You are just PRECIOUS.
                            What undergraduate courses did you take?

Engineering, premed, etc. undergrads wouldn't be exposed to the liberal bias because you don't take humanities, right?

I dare you to sit in an African-American philosophy class (studies in race classes are mandatory at Temple University) and not see a liberal bias imparted on the students.

Comment

I was a history major, snookums.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                                Back to topic - why don't you americans start to tax buying a car ? Here the tax is between 105-180 % depending on the price. That could probably solve some of the problems the state have
                                Because we don't believe in having the government plan everyone's lives?

Comment

Working...
                                X