I just found out voting is gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just found out voting is gay

I mean, actually believing that the interests that control this country give a **** that we think? Totally gay.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Please stop engaging your six year old patients in political discussions while you fondle their balls, thank you

Comment

Honestly, it's all rigged. The districts are rigged, which votes they count or throw away is rigged, and even who gets to run is rigged. Has anyone been watching what the GOP did during the Maine primary? All of the votes from two counties were thrown out because of a flimsy and transparently false excuse while another county delayed it's caucus because of a freak snow storm (which is with in the rules) yet the state GOP wants to prevent that county from voting at all. Is it just chance that Romney only won by 200 votes total yet the two counties who had their results thrown out favored Santorum? Is it just chance that the county they don't want to let vote is a Ron Paul stronghold?

This isn't the first time this has happened this election cycle too. Anyone remember Iowa? How it got declared a victory for Romney until independent observers cried corruption and then suddenly, magically even, a bunch of votes for Santorum were allowed to be counted and Iowa was declared a Santorum victory. I'm telling you the GOP is corrupt as hell and the party elites are trying to rig the voting so their chosen man wins instead of the person who gets the most votes winning.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The whole attempt to rig the caucus vote in Maine is so obvious even the oblivious national media has now picked it up. The corruption and favoritism is just bizarre given that the state caucus isn't even a binding result for the state's delegates. It just goes to show how eager the GOP elites are to cheat for Romney.

At Examiner.comâ„¢ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

Washington County in Maine cancelled its caucus due to the threat of inclement weather.  Ron Paul's people are crying foul and claiming that...

Comment

BTW just today, after much media attention, the state GOP head decided to include what he claims are the results from the two counties which he nullified on election night for an obviously fake reason. This same guy now claims that he alone has counted the votes and tallied the results and we're all just supposed to trust him even though he already tried to mess with the count once before.

This same guy still hasn't said if he'll even let the one remaining county vote at all even though the rules said votes could be delayed if there was a serious concern about public safety (like, you know, a giant freak snow storm which shut down all government offices and even emergency services?). I think it's pretty clear this dirt bag isn't a nonpartisan actor.

Comment

Voting got gay when Puff Daddy started doing it and told everyone else to.

Oh and Guy, using gay in this context is offensive.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

How about "virgin"?

Is that offensive in this context?

Comment

Gay is not a negative term. You're using it in a negative light. That is offensive and you have no ground to stand on here with your usage. I suggest you change it and/or apologize because this is a bannable offense here.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You do realize that I am mocking that very usage, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Aren't you a Republican? Since when did they care about political correctness??

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        Is that offensive in this context?
                        When used with a derisive attitude (e.g. "that was so gay"), the word gay is pejorative. While retaining its other meanings, it has also acquired "a widespread current usage" amongst young people, as a general term of disparagement.[30][31] This pejorative usage has its origins in the late 1970s. Beginning in the 1980s and especially in the late 1990s, the usage as a generic insult became common among young people.[31]
                        This usage of the word has been criticized as homophobic.

Comment

I don't see any gays throwing a fit here because someone had a different definition of gay

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            Aren't you a Republican? Since when did they care about political correctness??
                            I thought Republicans are high on politeness

Comment

Considering he's just mocking your "I just found out vogueing is gay" thread, your complaint/warning to Guy disingenuous in the extreme, Alby.

Also stupid.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X