February 15 Afghanistan is Free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 15 Afghanistan is Free!

23 years ago today in 1989 - after nine years of intervention, the Soviet Union announced that the remainder of its troops had left Afghanistan.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

hopefully it won't be too long before they're free from NATO occupation.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Looks like even the Americans are finally accepting the reality of Afghanistan. 10 years isn't too bad a learning curve is it?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, they always SAY Afghanistan is free. Then it turns out you need some special coupons, plus you have to buy Pakistan first.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

And the return policy is a real pain in the ass.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
            23 years ago today in 1989 - after nine years of intervention, the Soviet Union announced that the remainder of its troops had left Afghanistan.
            They never had it so good.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
            X