Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So here's the problem with our education system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why bother?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Because I enjoy the sight of people whining about stuff they don't know.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Then hold up a mirror when you're speaking.

Comment

Haha. I'm a teacher.

Comment

We know.

Comment

So is Ben Kenobi.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  So is Ben Kenobi.
                  And it's the only topic on which he hasn't completely embarrassed himself yet.

Comment

Unfortunately, it is a topic on which you have repeatedly embarrassed yourself.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Really? I can remember Oncle Boris embarrassing himself but not particularly on education.

I don't think that education problems are primarily the fault of teachers.

Rather, I think it is because we have so much of education determined on the local government level.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 18 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                          Really? I can remember Oncle Boris embarrassing himself but not particularly on education.

I don't think that education problems are primarily the fault of teachers.

Rather, I think it is because we have so much of education determined on the local government level.
                          What do you think the ideal level is to organize education?
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 18 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 17 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 16 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 15 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 14 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 13 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 12 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 11 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 10 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 9 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 8 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 7 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 6 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.
                            I wish Hauldren Collider would give courses to 5 yo who still don't start a sentence with a capital and end it with a period (in academic work!), so that we can blame him for all of society's faults.

Comment

Mad Monk is a moron.

Do you think that teachers don't tell kids, or that teachers are told not to fail them?

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                                What do you think the ideal level is to organize education?
                                For public?

It needs to be a large enough government to have some strength against the teacher unions.

It needs to be at a high enough level that we don't end up with districts not teaching evolution/not having money for music/etc.

I would guess Federal level, but would be willing to experiment with State level.

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X