Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The True Cost of the Royal Family

How true is this?

Net gain (by a lot) by keeping the Royals.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

So some dickhead conquered the country a thousand years ago and stole some land, then the next monarchs inherited it, then two hundred years ago one one of the monarchs agrees to trade the revenue from that land for a salary, so now the monarchy isn't a parasite because the revenue from stolen lands is larger than the salary? That's stupid. Take back the stolen land already.

Comment

I don't think the monarchy is a net gain, even with tourism. Americans go to England because they speak English there, not because french castles suck.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure Americans go to the UK in order to laugh at their archaic customs

Comment

"Tijuana professional services"
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm sure a longtime San Diego resident such as Oerdin has a lot of experience leveraging such services
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              So some dickhead conquered the country a thousand years ago and stole some land, then the next monarchs inherited it, then two hundred years ago one one of the monarchs agrees to trade the revenue from that land for a salary, so now the monarchy isn't a parasite because the revenue from stolen lands is larger than the salary? That's stupid. Take back the stolen land already.
              Give the land to who?
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

My neighbor's girlfriend works as a manager of a hotel down at Hotel Circle (basically a big area full of hotels for people who aren't high rollers and who can't afford the fancy hotels downtown) and she says every time there is a convention in town middle aged white guys always ask if the Hotel Shuttle Bus can drop them off at the border. She says it's difficult to pretend not to know why these married guys suddenly want to go and see the sights in Tijuana at 10pm on a Friday when their wives aren't with them.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  Give the land to who?
                  Whom.

Comment

Whom.
                    Another question you refuse to answer because it has no basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      My neighbor's girlfriend works as a manager of a hotel down at Hotel Circle (basically a big area full of hotels for people who aren't high rollers and who can't afford the fancy hotels downtown) and she says every time there is a convention in town middle aged white guys always ask if the Hotel Shuttle Bus can drop them off at the border. She says it's difficult to pretend not to know why these married guys suddenly want to go and see the sights in Tijuana at 10pm on a Friday when their wives aren't with them.
                      At least they're not doing it with incredibly hairy Persian girls.

Comment

Another question you refuse to answer because it has no basis.
                        The question has no basis?

Comment

The question has no basis?
                          Who will they give the land to? It's their property at this point and has been for a very long time.

I suppose all of America should be given back to someone, as well?

Comment

Who will they give the land to? It's their property at this point and has been for a very long time.

I suppose all of America should be given back to someone, as well?
                            Back to the people of Brtiain whom they stole from.

Comment

Back to the people of Brtiain whom they stole from.
                              Guess we're turning over all land in the US to the American Indians.

Comment

Working...
                              X