The return of the point-and-click adventure: Double Fine & Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of the point-and-click adventure: Double Fine & Kickstarter

Double Fine Studios, headed by the gents who masterminded Day Of The Tentacle and Grim Fandango, amongst others, was trying to raise $400k to create a new point-and-click adventure since no big studio would fund one.

They hit their goal within eight hours.

It now stands at $1.5 million, with a month still to go.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

The internet actually has made the world a smaller place. In the 80's it would have been a lot harder for someone to market independent products like this or find investors to even get something like this off the ground. For once, the internet is fulfilling the promises made about it back in the day.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Is it 1992?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

That's nice. Maybe authors should try this.

Comment

NPR was talking about something similiar for authors a few months ago and I believe I started a thread about it here. They self publish on the internet and either have readers pay a small fee to get an electronic copy of their book or they just do the shareware model where anyone can download it and then donate what they think the book was worth to them. There was a 18 year old girl from the upper midwest featured in the NPR report who made hundreds of thousands of dollars writing vampire love stories (think Twilight) which she self published on the internet.

It's funny because none of the publishers would publish her stuff but now that she did it all herself suddenly she's getting tons of offers from publishers.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Awesome.

Day of the Tentacle is still one of the best games ever created.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                Awesome.

Day of the Tentacle is still one of the best games ever created.
                I have a slight preference for Grim Fandango, but really, between those two, there is no wrong answer.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                X