Is this homophobic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this homophobic?

Martin is a syndicated newspaper columnist, a political analyst for CNN and host of “Washington Watch With Roland Martin” on TV One.

During last Sunday’s Super Bowl, he tweeted: “Ain’t no real bruhs going to H&M to buy some damn David Beckham underwear! ..If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham’s H&M underwear ad, smack the sh@t out of him! ” and “I bet soccer fan Piers Morgan will be in line at H&M in the morning to get his hands on David Beckham’s underwear line! LOL.”

This was in reference to a TV ad with soccer star David Beckham shown wearing nothing but his underwear.
    GLAAD demanded Roland Martin's firing and CNN complied with his suspension.

I'm still trying to figure out what was homophobic.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Expressing disapproval at someone's enthusiasm for an ad with a man in his underwear and saying "smack the sh@t out of him" doesn't sound homophobic to you? I'm still trying to figure out if you're trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      Expressing disapproval at someone's enthusiasm for an ad with a man in his underwear and saying "smack the sh@t out of him" doesn't sound homophobic to you? I'm still trying to figure out if you're trolling.
      No it really doesn't. What does a man being a ***** have to do with homosexuality?
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

So... do only gay men buy underwear in the states?
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

id buy the underwear but thats cause im not a homophobic black guy.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            This. How does Martin's tweets not sound homophobic?!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What if the 'dude' works for an advertising firm that handles 'Fruit of the Loom'? Couldn't this be an expression of extreme brand loyalty. An ex football player might have a vested interest in an underwear brand.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                This. How does Martin's tweets not sound homophobic?!
                How the hell does it? Sounds like some insecure people at GLAAD who assume everything is about gays.

What do gays have to do with underwear? H&M? David Beckham? A man interested in an underwear commercial?

Are you stereotyping homosexuals?

Comment

I'm glad we somehow managed to fob off Piers Morgan on you...the guy is a prize c**t...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

is bruhs the new bros?

Comment

He wants the mob beating, possibly lynching people cuz he doesn't like a certain brand of underwear? This Roland Martin guy is worse than Hitler.
                      Blah

Comment

Homophobic, but he shouldn't be fired because of it. This is gay bullying, plain and simple.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                          is bruhs the new bros?
                          I thought it was just a typo of "brush".
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If it's homophobic (which it obviously is) he should be fired for it. Unacceptable.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Is it obviously homophobic? It's certainly a stab at "metrosexuality" but certainly not all gays have the traits of metrosexuals. So, really, it is an attack on metrosexuals, which, quite frankly, they deserve for being such girlymen
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                              X