How the GOP is segregating the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illinois at it's finest...

So what is one of the worst examples of gerrymandering in the country? What is the example that the national media uses when talking about gerrymandering? Illinois' congressional district 4, including parts of Chicago, represented by congressman Luis Gutierrez. Check out the map below and tell me if you don't think this is the most ridiculous political game ever. Apparently they had to run the district through the middle of Interstate 294 so that they could maintain a contiguous area of homogenous constituents.

Go Dems
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So what's the solution?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Let computers do it. Have both parties agree to the parameters used. (that discussion would be interesting)
        At least once it's agreed to, it would work out OK.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          Let computers do it. Have both parties agree to the parameters used. (that discussion would be interesting)
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
            Headline! Stalking rabid poster unable to comprehend English.

In other news Projection TV's on sale.
            Woof
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The Dems just abused the same power in Illinois so maybe the Conservatives are correct when they say they are no different.

It's an abuse of power when either side does it, and the method should be changed. But when either party has the power, they don't willingly give it up. What a surprise.
              Didn't I just cover this?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                Illinois at it's finest...

Go Dems
                That. Is. Stupid.

Those kind of Democrats have no spine.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I like this idea.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    That. Is. Stupid.

Those kind of Democrats have no spine.
                    No, that district was obviously a very audacious proposal.

Comment

No way! Computers will consistently support Libertarian candidates to hasten the demise of the human race.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Maybe if those racist white democrats would vote for a black democrat every once in a while we wouldn't be able to nail them with this.

Comment

Working...
                        X